Crash on entering and login to greyport district house

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

JimmyChanga25

Crash on entering and login to greyport district house

Post by JimmyChanga25 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:54 pm

I've attempted to login onto Maknold a couple times into the district house for greyport, but when on the loading screen when the bar fills I get the white crash pop up.

I've logged onto characters for other servers and thats worked, so tried creating another kobold for underdark and can and that works fine, but when attempting to enter the district house it's the same issue as before.

Attempted to reinstall and that hasn't fixed the issue

JimmyChanga25

Re: Crash on entering and login to greyport district house

Post by JimmyChanga25 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:01 pm

Also is it possible to have a refresh on my properties in interim as I can't access the character to refresh the leases please?

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:39 am

Reinstall doesn’t clean up folders. You’d have to manually do this.

What overrides have you downloaded or subscribed to?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:01 pm

The District House in Greyport is one of only a few areas that retextures the 'Fort' Interior Tileset with UD (Dark) textures (the Hub is another such area).

For a long time these retexture scripts were unused in the UD, due to their causing crashes in certain players. We tested this in the Greyport District House and found that crashes were near 100% when transitioning from one retextured area, into other.

It was only eventually sent live when we thought the issue fixed on the NwN end, and I'm now concerned that the problem may have reappeared following recent updates.

Can I ask - did you transition from one area of the District House to another when this crash began?

Have you tried disabling NwN graphic options (such as toon) before attempting to load in?

If I decide this is a retexturing issue I can disable it in that area, but this would revert it to the old brown/yellow colour. Furthermore, we would likely then also need to revert the hub.