Vitae's coronet makes "Create blood homunculus" significantly worse.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Confused Rock

Vitae's coronet makes "Create blood homunculus" significantly worse.

Post by Confused Rock » Fri May 24, 2024 7:10 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
Vitae's coronet is a notable Lvl 9 hemomancer spell that can't be dispelled and halves the bleeding damage you take... And blood homunculus is a lvl 9 hemo spell that makes a flesh guy that has stats based on taking self-damage from casting the spell. But since it does bleeding damage, that damage gets halved and the blood homunculus is at half size.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:

1. Play hemomancer, or any class with vitae's coronet and blood homunculus
  2. Use Vitae's coronet
  3. Use create blood homunculus

Expected Result:
I would get a blood homunculus with size equivalent to half my current HP + 10 per blood stack.

Actual Result:
The blood homunculus is half its expected size without blood stacks, and I only lost 25% of my health. To get a full size one I'd now need somewhere over 800 HP, or 600 if I used blood stacks. I'd love to use more blood to make a bigger meat man, but I can't.

Additional Information/Notes
Not sure this is a bug, but both spells are particularly notable for Hemo, and vitae's coronet has no self-dispel code that I can find (and lasts 30 minutes) so these spells work really badly together. If this isn't meant to make hemo worse, maybe it could do entropy damage instead of bleeding?

silverpheonix

Re: Vitae's coronet makes "Create blood homunculus" significantly worse.

Post by silverpheonix » Sat May 25, 2024 2:17 pm

How is this a bug? The homunculus is dependent on how much HP you sacrifice, and uses bleeding damage. Just cast Homunculus first, then coronet.

Clayton on the Discord.

Lilith Vensurai: [Whisper] Dib's in charge of not exploding reality.
Johnathan Rigsby: [Whisper] This is unfair.