Serpent's Woe Shield - Dexterity / Rune Broken

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Hrothgar Bloodaxe

Serpent's Woe Shield - Dexterity / Rune Broken

Post by Hrothgar Bloodaxe » Sun May 26, 2024 8:54 pm

The Serpent's Woe shield comes with a -1 Dexterity modifier.

On both PGCC, and on the main server, you can counteract this, by adding +1 dexterity to the open rune, on the shield, thus "balancing out" the penalty.

I did this, and it was working normally (they -1 and +1 cancelled out, creating a modifier of "0").

However, after a server reset, the shield now applies a -1 Dexterity modifier, even though it has the +1 modifier on the shield as well. Basically, it has ignored the +1 dexterity added by the rune.

When I equip the shield, it reduces my dexterity by one point. When I remove it, my dexterity increases by one point. Equipping/unequipping my shield should not affect my dexterity, and prior to this reset, it did not, in fact, effect it. The reset seems to have done something to the way this is handled.

Please fix this! Thank you!

Of course, optional horse death RP is a possibility.

Nazmina

Re: Serpent's Woe Shield - Dexterity / Rune Broken

Post by Nazmina » Wed May 29, 2024 5:13 am

I tried to replicate this, adding dex to the serpents woe then waiting for reset, but it still functioned as it should giving me net 0 dex.

You're certain the serpents woe you had still had the +1 dex on it, if server reset soon after enchanting it, it might not have been saved.