READ ME FIRST!! - Bug Report Template

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Silvard
Project Lead
Project Lead

READ ME FIRST!! - Bug Report Template

Post by Silvard » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:09 pm

With the aim of making bug fixing a more expedient and precise process it is recommended that you share as many details as possible in your report, so that the team can more easily identify exactly what the bug is and if possible how to reproducing it in testing (which is instrumental in fixing it). As such please try to fill out as much of the following template as possible when you make your report. Please feel encouraged to add as much as you can:

Description

Steps to reproduce

Expected result

Actual result

Screenshot(s)

Misc Notes

Which Server(s)?

Gaming Platform(s)?

LittleWeasel
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Bug Report Template

Post by LittleWeasel » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:28 pm

For ease of copy / paste into your forum response, see code below :)

Code: Select all

[u]Description of Bug Experienced:[/u]
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)

[u]Steps to reproduce the Bug:[/u]

[u]Expected Result:[/u]

[u]Actual Result:[/u]

[u]Screenshot(s)[/u]
(You can either add screenshots by uploading them to imgur, or by uploading them to Discord and put the respective links between [img] img link.jpg [/img])

[u]Additional Information/Notes[/u]
Don't take Life too seriously - you'll never get out of it alive...
Mind over Matter... now that I don't have a mind, it doesn't matter...
Ware the Wrath of the Weasel:
*nibble*
*cluck*

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: READ ME FIRST!! - Bug Report Template

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:03 pm

Like the reminder said - use the above template when making a post in this forum. Even if your bug makes it seem painfully self-evident and unnecessary to you, it may tell us more about what's happening behind the scenes than you realize.

The only bugs that do not need "steps to reproduce" are non-behavior bugs, like a resource node stuck in a wall or a broken area transition or similar. If it's a bug in an action or behavior you perform, providing a basic set of steps to reproduce it helps us fix things much faster and keeps the backlog from murdering us.

Done.

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:47 pm

Updated original template to include inquiry for live or PGCC server

garrbear758

Post by garrbear758 » Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:40 pm

Like the reminder said - use the above template when making a post in this forum. Even if your bug makes it seem painfully self-evident and unnecessary to you, it may tell us more about what's happening behind the scenes than you realize.

The only bugs that do not need "steps to reproduce" are non-behavior bugs, like a resource node stuck in a wall or a broken area transition or similar. If it's a bug in an action or behavior you perform, providing a basic set of steps to reproduce it helps us fix things much faster and keeps the backlog from murdering us.
Just want to remind everyone of this. If you do not use the template, don't be surprised if your bug report gets closed without resolution. We have 3,854 script files alone, many of which have several thousand lines of code, not to mention anything involving haks. If we don't have anything to go off of, chances are we won't be able to find the cause of the bug to be able to resolve it.
You've done it [Garrbear], you've kicked the winemom nest. -Redacted