Writ: Accepting blank writ

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

BobTheSkull

Writ: Accepting blank writ

Post by BobTheSkull » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:59 pm

accepting three writs per normal: On taking a writ and then returning to writ list and selecting another - dialogue shows details of the writ you want to take with options to accept or not.

accepting a blank or non existent writ: on taking a writ you will get a dialogue with the writ giver that instead has no text and only the option to accept or not. You can only close this window by breaking communication with the NPC and starting the conversation over to see full writ list again. On accidentally accepting the writ (both the prior writ acceptance and immediate follow up text are accept on "1" so they get accepted by any latency in the game when selecting first writ acceptance).

Screenshot(s)
I have screen shots of having "accepted" three writs and writ log only showing two. As well as writ giver saying I am "full up" and have three writs already. However i'm getting old and couldn't figure out flickr. I can email as necessary to help.

Additional Information/Notes This bug reverts itself the following day. So it is not a permanent issue. I would rank this as a QoL priority and minor over all. It is a single writ lost, every so often based on bad luck on key stroke timing, but I did want to pass it along.

Steley

Re: Writ: Accepting blank writ

Post by Steley » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 pm

This happened a few times with me. You're right that it is fine after the 19 hr or so cooldown, thankfully and doesn't bug the writ slots for good. I could avoid this by starting a new conversation each time.