Ship Grappling Bug

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

ProgENItorZ

Ship Grappling Bug

Post by ProgENItorZ » Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:58 am

Basically the "Share and Share Alike" writ for pirates is impossible to complete. Why? Because the first objective where one has to forcibly board the ship (meaning you board it) will not update no matter what method of boarding one attempts. I've had someone use the "take us all over" option, I've tried the "send me alone" option, and the "send us all over" option. None which update the writ to be completed. Besides a minor bug where the enemies spawn on the "sea" section of the cell, nothing else is wrong with the writ. Please fix this soon, thanks!

DM Rex

Re: Ship Grappling Bug

Post by DM Rex » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:04 am

I've updated your thread title, which ship did you rent perchance?
Have you tried completing it on both? (This would help isolate if it is one or more vessels affected)

ProgENItorZ

Post by ProgENItorZ » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:10 am

I was renting the Liberator for the latest instance that i tried, the first time I noticed the bug it was with the Penny Rose though. Just thought that maybe it was becuase it was not a pirate ship that i was using thus not updating the objective. Though after trying with the Liberator it was confirmed.

DM Rex

Post by DM Rex » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:52 pm

The Penny Rose does not have a grappling capability. So that ship won't grapple.
But if the liberator can't, then it's certainly an issue.

ProgENItorZ

Post by ProgENItorZ » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:47 pm

Well, the writ doesn't normally require you to "grapple" perse, you just usually have to "engage" the Cargo Ship and board it to finish the "forcibly board" objective. Pretty sure that's what I did in my past pirates to complete the writ before.

Angrymoose

Post by Angrymoose » Wed May 05, 2021 8:09 pm

Happened to us today as well. We are able to complete the rest of the writ, aside from the "forcibly board". We were using the Penny Rose.