Bard +1 AC in light/medium armor not working

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

A MAN DRUNK ON POWER

Bard +1 AC in light/medium armor not working

Post by A MAN DRUNK ON POWER » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
My bard/pdk, Odin, who is a level 18 bard and level 10 PDK, does not get +1 AC in light/medium armor (or naked, either). It simply doesn't seem to exist.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Not sure it's reproducible, might be just a bug affecting me. Odin took his relevel like a week ago, right when they were first given to bards, and is a bard/pdk, not a pure bard, and wears Lesser Runic Ranger Leathers, with an Adamantine Tower Shield. Removing the Adamantine Tower Shield did not fix it, removing the leathers did not fix it, removing both did not fix it.

Expected Result:
Should have 1 more AC than he actually has (I did the math, and then stripped naked and re-added items one at a time to make sure my math was correct). With his current gear he should have the following AC calculation:

10 (base)
-1 (DEX)
+8 (lesser ranger leathers)
+6 (adamantine tower shield)
+6 (tumble)
+2 (armor skin)
+3 (adamantine helmet)
+1 (boots)
+1 (bard AC in light/medium armor)

Actual Result:
Has 35 AC.

Screenshot(s)
https://prnt.sc/wl3wj5

Additional Information/Notes
Stripping naked didn't add the AC, removing one, two, or all of my AC-giving items in different orders didn't help, nothing seems to work. Wearing Svirf Leathers, to see if it was just something caused by the Lesser Runic Ranger Leathers, also didn't work. I simply do not have the +1 AC for being a bard in light/medium armor.

Seekeepeek

Re: Bard +1 AC in light/medium armor not working

Post by Seekeepeek » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:36 pm

i think you got it, it just don't show on the character sheet. like a lot of attack bonus boosts can only be seen in the combat log and i imagine it's the same with this.

Rigela

Post by Rigela » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:31 pm

You need to have 20 bard levels if not pure I believe.
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:35 pm

well, if he get the yellow text with added ac in in his combat log when he log in. then he should get it, if he get no yellow text then he ain't getting it.

on a side note.
could be nice if the coders changed that yellow text so it don't generate so many confused players.
i have seen so many posts about missing ab, were players look in the character sheet.

+2 ab added for two handed (Only shown in combat log)

would be a great help.

A MAN DRUNK ON POWER

Post by A MAN DRUNK ON POWER » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:52 pm

Ah, might be my lack of the last couple Bard levels, if that's the case. Can a dev or DM confirm if that's the case?