Stable Template not giving correct damage buffs to bolts

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

daimon_d_heart

Stable Template not giving correct damage buffs to bolts

Post by daimon_d_heart » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:22 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
I crafted a stable template and used 2 permanent essences to give it 1d6 Positive & Sonic and used a Wand of Dark Fire to give it 1d6 Negative & Fire. The template works as expected when it's used on a bundle of arrows, but the results are incorrect when used on a bundle of bolts. The bolts will still get the correct Negative and Fire damage, but will only get 2 Positive and Sonic damage.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Craft Stable template and apply 1d6 Permanent Positive & Sonic Essences and a Wand of Dark Fire. Equip a bundle of bolts and use the special action on the template.

Expected Result:
1d6 Damage bonus with Positive, Sonic, Negative, & Fire

Actual Result:
1d6 Damage bonus with Negative & Fire, 2 Damage bonus with Positive & Sonic

Screenshot(s): N/A

Additional Information/Notes: Template will work as expected with a bundle of arrows. Issue seems to occur when using any bundle of bolts. Other range ammo types may also have the same issue but have not tested them yet.

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Stable Template not giving correct damage buffs to bolts

Post by Bunnysmack » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:10 pm

Huh...That's actually likely some bug related to the new update that has nerfed template arrows. The essences should apply correctly (and in your scenario, those are the part that are misfiring to only be 2 damage), but Darkfire is now only supposed to give 2 damage of each type.
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:03 pm

What was the order of the essences and spells applied? Was it 1d6 Positive > 1d6 Sonic > Darkfire? Or 1d6 Sonic > 1d6 Positive > Darkfire?

What is the level of your character? When did you craft this template? When was darkfire applied? Was all of this before or after 1/9/2021?

Darkfire should show 2/2 instead of 1d6 for both, if it still says 1d6 for both, it's likely that's a grandfathered template with existing darkfire property.

As for the damage dice swapping for the intended element and energy, it might have some weird interaction with an earlier template patch a few months ago that attempts to move visible elemental damages to the 1st order of being applied in order to provide VFX for the ammo.

daimon_d_heart

Post by daimon_d_heart » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:17 am

Kenji wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:03 pm
What was the order of the essences and spells applied? Was it 1d6 Positive > 1d6 Sonic > Darkfire? Or 1d6 Sonic > 1d6 Positive > Darkfire?

What is the level of your character? When did you craft this template? When was darkfire applied? Was all of this before or after 1/9/2021?

Darkfire should show 2/2 instead of 1d6 for both, if it still says 1d6 for both, it's likely that's a grandfathered template with existing darkfire property.

As for the damage dice swapping for the intended element and energy, it might have some weird interaction with an earlier template patch a few months ago that attempts to move visible elemental damages to the 1st order of being applied in order to provide VFX for the ammo.
I didn't realize there was an update. Character level is 25. I think I finished the template Monday, Jan. 11. (Might have been the day before that.) I applied Darkfire right after I completed the template. The permanent essences were applied a day or so later after they were completed, so Jan. 11 or 12. Everything was done after Jan. 9.

That being said, I have not crafted any arrows recently. I just saw the difference and assumed it was a bug on the bolts. I hadn't known about the recent update.

daimon_d_heart

Post by daimon_d_heart » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:21 am

Never mind. I double checked the bolts in my shop and I must have somehow misread them. The damage amounts are correct with the new update. You can close this topic.