Disappearing Spells Charges

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

ProgENItorZ

Disappearing Spells Charges

Post by ProgENItorZ » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:59 pm

It happens almost 7 out of 10 times, where spells get used up whenever one portals away. This has been recently apparent with my caster toon. I've heard some other voices out there who have been experiencing the same issue as well, so I thought I'd report it to shine some light to this bug.

To reproduce you just have to teleport to any location and the spell charges should be stripped away. I've yet to test if it's certain locations, but I believe it does not matter since it's a random occurence when portalling and it does not happen "all the time" yet (hopefully not).

When you reach a destination, it'll show a casting emote on your toon then a spam of "No uses or preparations left for that spell" will show up in the console tab.

It has also been pointed out that when someone experiences this bug, others will see a weird effect like a fire breath/cone of cold spewing out of the bug victim when they load into the destination.

I have also noticed that the spells it strips away is random, sometimes it's just a few lower circle ones, most times it also strips away even ninth level spells. Hopefully this problem can be fixed soon, for it's just a really bad hassle to deal with. Thank you for reading this post.

mjones3

Re: Disappearing Spells Charges

Post by mjones3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:26 pm

Is it happening when you transition servers? I think it's to keep your spell book consistent with recent casts.

ProgENItorZ

Post by ProgENItorZ » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:07 pm

It happens from the same server to server. Like the most recent one, I rested in Sibiyad docks, casted Freedom of Movement, used the portal to get to Drydocks of Crow's Nest nad ended up getting stripped of almost all spell charges. I have yet to experiment on portalling with server transitions.

Mattamue
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Mattamue » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:15 pm

The "correction" to spells happens on the 1st area transition of the new server.

So, you cast a whole bunch of buffs in Sib town and leave for the docks. That's the server transition from DS to Surface. You've landed in the Sib Docks and now you have back all the buff spells that you just spent in town in Sib. This gives you a chance to re-cast them. Then, we you take the Sib docks portal to get to the dry docks at crow's nest that's your 1st area transition on the Surface server and the script fires and exhausts all the spells that were previously exhausted on the DS server.

This is all working as intended. I understand there's something where buffs saving over server transitions isn't possible so we have this 1-area grace period to use spells before the script fires and takes them away.

Edit: If you're not doing that ^ then yeah, it could be some kind of bug.

Who is the audience for this post?

ProgENItorZ

Post by ProgENItorZ » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:30 pm

I've noticed that mechanic before, but this time I'm pretty sure I just came from Aurilites (surface). Portalled out of the dragon room with the source by the entrance there, went to Sibiyad Docks (surface), and took a rest to recover the spell charges. Went to Sencliff to check shops and buy some wands then poof. No more spell charges from 2nd circle to all of 9th circle, basically only left with cantrips then.

mjones3

Post by mjones3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:17 pm

Don't rest as a mage before transitioning servers. It doesn't always register that you rested and still casts them.