Cavalier Class bug report thread (Leveling, Feats, Spirited Charge, etc.)

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Cavalier Class bug report thread (Leveling, Feats, Spirited Charge, etc.)

Post by Kenji » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:52 pm

Haroshia wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:51 pm
Just did some testing with a friend on PGCC. None of the secondary effects (Daze/Stun/Bleed) are working right now with Level 10 Spirited Charge. Tested with Cavalry Axe, Cavalry Sword, and Heavy Flail. No mind immunity or any buffs of any kind were active.

The Knockdown does attempt on the blunt weapons at least, as I got a DC check notice, but the person being charged doesn't seem to get it in their combat log.

I would suggest if these changes aren't able to be implemented normalizing non-lance weapon damage to be closer to lance (maybe a bit lower since Lance can't be used on foot). It looks like a lot of the weapons were taxed a bit of damage with the assumption that secondary effects would make up for it, so having them be taxed and having the effects not work is kinda a bummer.
Problem has been identified and the fix is in the pipeline.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:46 pm

Spirited Charge seems to be causing a bullrush at level 5 cav w/ light flail, since sometime yesterday.

My understanding was that it shouldn't happen until level 8, though I forget where I found the information so I haven't been able to check. It's sort of spread across forum update announcements, the spreadsheet, the wiki, and this thread/feedback thread.

Edit: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =154158871 This seems to have been updated and is now showing there's supposed to be a stun at level4 cav, bullrush at level7 and that it's implemented? These are different to the previous breakdowns but there doesn't seem to be an announcement or any other information about it yet. Is it live at the moment?

Haroshia
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Haroshia » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:11 pm

Kenji wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:20 pm
Platebreaker lance stat and material update on the wiki
I know it was posted in its own bug report as well but Platebreaker is still asking for 2 Mithril Dust.
Tove Auburnridge

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Thu May 06, 2021 9:53 pm

I don't know if this has been posted already but, you can trigger spirited charge in the middle of a combat flurry and not lose attacks per round.

In addition. Queuing spirited charge and then hopping off the horse to attack maintains the "charged" attack style.

When transitioning to another server, jumping off your horse in the other server and returning to the original server, you maintain all the movement speed you had as if you were on horseback.

DeepDarkTruth

Post by DeepDarkTruth » Fri May 07, 2021 4:25 am

I can add to this that if triggering barb rage and then toggling charge, you get an extra attack in that first round. But I've also noticed that if not triggering charge until mid flurry it just seems you get full attacks for that round, with the charge.

Been trying to replicate it on PGCC to get more details, but the arena there is apparently not "Outside".

I encountered this deviation on the surface server.
Character: Marley Goodman
Race: Human
Classes: Barb 16 /Cav 10 /ranger 3
"Hey, I don't make the crazy rules, I just twist them to my purpose." - Celia, The order of the Stick.

~~Rachel M'haaren~~ - Strangled by plague elf
~~Sipas~~ - Lost searching for ancient tomes in the sands
~~Marley Goodman~~ - Dead and rotting

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Tue May 11, 2021 12:21 am

Spirited Charge does not reduce APR to 1 if it is activated during/after the first flurry in a round.

becherak

Post by becherak » Sat May 15, 2021 8:51 am

Spirited charging something on horse with halberd keeps popping a combat message about unrecognised weapon type. But seems to work fine. Was about to put a suggestion to make it a cavalier weapon as well. (Since it's pretty much the same as naginata)

I have noticed a weird behaviour in attack rolls, not sure if caused by this or if it's just EE thing. Attack rolls don't seem to always start at highest AB. Probably caused by thundering rage + charge on horse. I haven't been able to get more than 1 charge per round no matter what I tried. :) I think the attack bonus order is "shifted" if you use the charge mid round.
I'll try to mess around with it some more to give more specific feedback.

20 barbarian / 10 cavalier

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Sat May 15, 2021 10:47 am

Assume you're 25/20/15/5 and charge gives you a bonus +7.

Attack 1 25
Attack 2 20
Spirited Charge initiated
Attack 3 22
Attack 4 5

If you're hasted, that moves to:

Attack 1 25
Attack 2 25
Spirited Charge initiated
Attack 3 27
Attack 4 15
Attack 5 5

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sat May 15, 2021 1:43 pm

You can, if you're lucky & time it right, trigger spirited on the second attack of the first flurry.