POISON ISSUES - Proc onHit, poison exe_s, Snakefang issue

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: POISON ISSUES - Proc onHit, poison exe_s, Snakefang issue

Post by Sincra » Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:12 am

It would, yes, but it would be better long term if someone can figure out why it's even spawned the wrong tag in the first place.
The one in my toolset is correct but the one we got data from clearly had a cutoff halfway through the poison script name.

If the cut off is inconsistent, we won't know what to look for to fix unless we just re-apply it to every created poison, this however compounds the problem by making it harder to know what the actual cause is as a patchwork solution often does.

I can sympathise with wanting the poisons to work, given their utility, but as this appears to be an item issue it may take some time.

For some further context it is my belief it is either originating in the crafting system at point of CreateObject or at some stage shortly afterwards. And if they are looted then it'll be one of the poisons in the loot matrix having wrong tags.
I spoke to some other devs that seemed to indicate some knowledge in the area when the tag issue was found, hopefully they will find time to look into it.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Aren

Post by Aren » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:22 pm

Sincra wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:12 am
It would, yes, but it would be better long term if someone can figure out why it's even spawned the wrong tag in the first place.
The one in my toolset is correct but the one we got data from clearly had a cutoff halfway through the poison script name.

If the cut off is inconsistent, we won't know what to look for to fix unless we just re-apply it to every created poison, this however compounds the problem by making it harder to know what the actual cause is as a patchwork solution often does.

I can sympathise with wanting the poisons to work, given their utility, but as this appears to be an item issue it may take some time.

For some further context it is my belief it is either originating in the crafting system at point of CreateObject or at some stage shortly afterwards. And if they are looted then it'll be one of the poisons in the loot matrix having wrong tags.
I spoke to some other devs that seemed to indicate some knowledge in the area when the tag issue was found, hopefully they will find time to look into it.
Thanks Sincra! Appreciate the transparency!

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

BattleDrake

Post by BattleDrake » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:14 pm

Thought I'd bring this back up, since I've made a new poisoner and I'm experiencing bugs again with the poisons not working.

Maybe this'll help, but the poisons that stopped working, were ones I tried to put in a temporary shop to sell. I just put a few in, and when I retrieved them they no longer stacked with my other poisons, and don't do any on-hit proc. Dead poisons.

Recent Characters:
Aramis - "S'fine piece of art yer havin' there." (Shelved)
Eradyn - Trying to make the world a better place. (Shelved)
[Redacted] - ? (?)
Skek - Happiness in Endless Industry. (Rolled)