POISON ISSUES - Proc onHit, poison exe_s, Snakefang issue

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

serono
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: POISON ISSUES - Proc onHit, poison exe_s, Snakefang issue

Post by serono » Thu Dec 30, 2021 4:54 pm

The Snakefang Dagger does "Nothing happens" still.

BattleDrake

Player Poisons Not Working

Post by BattleDrake » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:24 am

Tested several player poisons: Bebilith, Eyeblast, Sassone, and Elemental Rime. Applied on a swashbuckler build, and on a blackguard build to 1handed edged weapons. Attacked both pcs and npcs, and no combat log or poison sfx. No negative energy protection or poison immunities but the poisons weren't applying or even being rolled for.

This was tested thoroughly on the Underdark Server.

Recent Characters:
Aramis - "S'fine piece of art yer havin' there." (Shelved)
Eradyn - Trying to make the world a better place. (Shelved)
[Redacted] - ? (?)
Skek - Happiness in Endless Industry. (Rolled)

Wings of Peace

Re: Player Poisons Not Working

Post by Wings of Peace » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:15 am

I noticed this same issue with player made "Draft of the Daft" when trying to apply it to food.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:56 am

This must be very recent as I was testing eyeblast just a week or two ago and it was working great.

Are you getting the feedback that the poison is applied when you use it?

Does the weapon have a temporary on hit applied on examination?

Stupid question but just in case: did you apply to the character or directly to the weapon?
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

BattleDrake

Post by BattleDrake » Sat Jan 08, 2022 3:26 pm

Ask all the question you need to. Always the possibility I've overlooked something, though I have been using poisons for years now :P

I do get the poison applied successfully.

The weapon does glow the green and show the Temporary level 1 (OnHit) property.

I apply the poison directly to the weapon. I tried it on several. A scimitar, a shortsword, a whip, a longsword. I tried it with other essences/bless weapon on it, and I tried it with none but the swash buckler damage.

There was a blackguard that also tried them, using them on a plain longsword, and the anarchic razor. Same result. No log messages. Nothing was getting poisoned.

I even tried hitting a dummy (poison sfx usually applies to it) to see if it was just a log issue, but could not get any feedback. Nothing was getting poisoned.

Recent Characters:
[Redacted] - ? (?)

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:27 am

I successfully used a poison the other day in PVP (Eyeblast) and wasn't able to replicate this as a result. I didn't try it in PVE.

Maybe it simply came down to a reset?
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

BattleDrake

Post by BattleDrake » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:46 pm

I stopped using them after encountering the issue (the good stuff gets expensive :P). I'll give it another try later today, thanks!

Recent Characters:
[Redacted] - ? (?)

Nidea Lynn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nidea Lynn » Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:30 pm

:(
Marle VVLL [Episodic Character]
Nidea Lynn [Active]
Synnafay Ssambra [Paused]

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:20 pm

Can confirm. Player made custom Arelith poisons do not work.
Custom poisons found in the lootmatrix, do seem to work.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:39 pm

Skibbles wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:56 am
This must be very recent as I was testing eyeblast just a week or two ago and it was working great.

Stupid question but just in case: did you apply to the character or directly to the weapon?
The Eyeblast you were testing - was that one you found in the loot matrix or one you crafted?

".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:04 am

Aren wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:39 pm
Skibbles wrote:

The Eyeblast you were testing - was that one you found in the loot matrix or one you crafted?
They were given to me a few months ago in a decent bulk so I'm 99% sure they're crafted.

I was actually using more from the same stack just yesterday in some brawling both on live and PGCC (via character transfer) and they were definitely working at least on PGCC. Either they weren't working on live or the characters I was hitting just weren't rolling 1s - I'm thinking the latter.

Unfortunately I just did a reinstall of NWN and my log rotator is borked and I can't review the combat from live to be 100% sure. I'll test this later, to double check, and get back.

Edit to add: It's a super niche possibility, but if matrix poisons are working and not crafted ones, maybe there's a small possibility that whoever crafted mine had merged them with a loot version and formed a stack of 'loot version' ones that are working.

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:10 am

Skibbles wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:04 am
Aren wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:39 pm
Skibbles wrote:

They were given to me a few months ago in a decent bulk so I'm 99% sure they're crafted.

I was actually using more from the same stack just yesterday in some brawling both on live and PGCC (via character transfer) and they were definitely working at least on PGCC. Either they weren't working on live or the characters I was hitting just weren't rolling 1s - I'm thinking the latter.

Unfortunately I just did a reinstall of NWN and my log rotator is borked and I can't review the combat from live to be 100% sure. I'll test this later, to double check, and get back.

Edit to add: It's a super niche possibility, but if matrix poisons are working and not crafted ones, maybe there's a small possibility that whoever crafted mine had merged them with a loot version and formed a stack of 'loot version' ones that are working.
They are indeed working on PGCC, but not on live.
I tested some player made Eyeblast yesterday. You can see the poison saves in the combat log on PGCC, but not on live. I then tested some looted Green Blood Oil on live which produced save rolls in the combat log.
I hypothesise, that player made poisons are not working - yet the ones from the loot matrix are. I asked Kalopsia about this, and they told me that in order to ascertain this, a DM would need to check item variables and tags on the poisons.
Last edited by Aren on Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:25 am

Aren wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:10 am
This is interesting, because I just tested it on live and confirmed mine are working.

I did an eyebite, which I believe is crafted, and succeeded on a blind.

Also did a bebelith venom from the loot matrix and that also reduced the character's CON.

For fun, since we were at it, I tried a concentrated spider venom on food and that also poisoned the victim character.

I have no idea why mine are working, and for others it is not.

Edit to add some possible circumstances:

My use poison is granted by Ranger levels.
Poison versus drow pc.
Poison application was used on a basic dagger, and the weapon gave the proper feedback and glowed green.

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:32 am

Skibbles wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:25 am
Aren wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:10 am
This is interesting, because I just tested it on live and confirmed mine are working.

I did an eyebite, which I believe is crafted, and succeeded on a blind.

Also did a bebelith venom from the loot matrix and that also reduced the character's CON.

For fun, since we were at it, I tried a concentrated spider venom on food and that also poisoned the victim character.

I have no idea why mine are working, and for others it is not.

Edit to add some possible circumstances:

My use poison is granted by Ranger levels.
Poison versus drow pc.
Poison application was used on a basic dagger, and the weapon gave the proper feedback and glowed green.
I assume you have access to the underdark? I would like for you to try one of the poisons I have in my inventory.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:20 pm

Tried some things out before Aren and I had time to meet together, and discovered that some new poisons I bought from a player shop are not working just like reported.

Some details that might be helpful:

> Non-functioning poisons I used were bought from Dro'vaalvaz Apothecary in Devil's Table (great prices btw) in case item ID's need to be examined.

> Functioning poisons in my inventory were acquired August 24th 2021, and in my logs the character that gave them to me said they made them. Turns out my character asked directly.

> Eyeblast I acquired on August 24th does not stack with the eyeblast I bought from the shop; they may have different IDs after all.

> Both functioning and non-functioning poisons give successful application popup, glow green, and show an on-hit effect.

> I still have a good handful of functioning eyeblast on hand in case someone wants to take a loot at them.

I tracked down any updates with the word 'poison' in them from at least August 24th 2021 and forward. Maybe one of these updates may have inadvertently broken something.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25&p=277966&hilit=poison#p277966

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25&p=276773&hilit=poison#p276773

BattleDrake

Post by BattleDrake » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:24 pm

I forgot to update this.

I was still encountering issues with the poisons not working.

Also, I purchased poisons from the same Apothecary.

Maybe we stage a revolt and burn down the shop? :P

Recent Characters:
[Redacted] - ? (?)

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:44 pm

Skibbles wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:20 pm
Tried some things out before Aren and I had time to meet together, and discovered that some new poisons I bought from a player shop are not working just like reported.

Some details that might be helpful:

> Non-functioning poisons I used were bought from Dro'vaalvaz Apothecary in Devil's Table (great prices btw) in case item ID's need to be examined.

> Functioning poisons in my inventory were acquired August 24th 2021, and in my logs the character that gave them to me said they made them. Turns out my character asked directly.

> Eyeblast I acquired on August 24th does not stack with the eyeblast I bought from the shop; they may have different IDs after all.

> Both functioning and non-functioning poisons give successful application popup, glow green, and show an on-hit effect.

> I still have a good handful of functioning eyeblast on hand in case someone wants to take a loot at them.

I tracked down any updates with the word 'poison' in them from at least August 24th 2021 and forward. Maybe one of these updates may have inadvertently broken something.

I can add to this, that poisons from the loot matrix, currently DO work.

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:40 pm

Skibbles wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:20 pm

Assassin DC is calculated alongside Blackguard, It is not done inside the poison file.
Those other adjustments were fixes to broken poisons.

If anything it's likely a variable is not being set that is used in an onhit library.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed Jan 26, 2022 5:55 pm

I'm highly ignorant on all that stuff going on in the background and was kind of just spitballing on possibilities. Is there anything more we can do to help track this down?

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:23 pm

Unless a DM can get the contributors the variable list and item tag on the functional and then non-functional, I don't believe so.

I'll take a look at the toolset later to see if something changed there.

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:08 pm

Sincra wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:23 pm
Unless a DM can get the contributors the variable list and item tag on the functional and then non-functional, I don't believe so.

I'll take a look at the toolset later to see if something changed there.
You're a star, Sincra.

DM Starfish
Art Director
Art Director

Post by DM Starfish » Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:10 pm

If your poisons aren't working could you reach out to me on Discord so I can coordinate with you to get in game and examine the items in question, please and thank you.

DM Starfish#4837

Edit: We found the problem
Roleplay is a two way street.

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:32 am

DM Starfish wrote:
Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:10 pm
If your poisons aren't working could you reach out to me on Discord so I can coordinate with you to get in game and examine the items in question, please and thank you.

DM Starfish#4837

Sorry for tagging you Starfish, but I’m curious and I wonder if you could elaborate on the nature Of the issue? And if poisons are safe to craft now?

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:14 pm

Aren wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:32 am
DM Starfish wrote:

DM Starfish#4837

Sorry for tagging you Starfish, but I’m curious and I wonder if you could elaborate on the nature Of the issue? And if poisons are safe to craft now?
It's a tag issue.
For some reason, and I'm personally not sure how this has happened, at some stage the tag that defines which script to run onhit was cut in half.

I don't know what the solution is right now but it's likely database side as the spawned in version works fine from what I could see.

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:38 am

Sincra wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:14 pm
Aren wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:32 am
DM Starfish wrote:

DM Starfish#4837

It's a tag issue.
For some reason, and I'm personally not sure how this has happened, at some stage the tag that defines which script to run onhit was cut in half.

I don't know what the solution is right now but it's likely database side as the spawned in version works fine from what I could see.
I don’t know much about coding, so forgive my ignorance- but isn’t it possible to replace the non-working poison item tag, with the tag from the spawned in version?