POISON ISSUES - Proc onHit, poison exe_s, Snakefang issue

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

POISON ISSUES - Proc onHit, poison exe_s, Snakefang issue

Post by dominantdrowess » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:34 am

This item is completely non-functional when you try to use it's poison power, and requires a special use case made for it in the poison script for it to function.

I personally love the -idea- of this magic item, and I'd love to see more oddball magic items with strange, minor effects added to the game that aren't all numbers or build-specific.

The Rambling Midget
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Snakefang Dagger

Post by The Rambling Midget » Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:56 am

Saslae Xun'viir coats his weapon with poison.
* Nothing happens *
The Beginner's Guide to Factions
New to Arelith? Read this!
This is not a single player game. -Mithreas
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life. -Winston Churchill

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:31 am

Lmfao~ <3 Midget.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:56 am

Completely unrelated to the topic, and hoping that mods won't mind, which overrides are you using?

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:02 am

Arelith Changes, Colorized Icons, https://gyazo.com/f3522adc79ecfd2ade97d700af2806fa
Arelith graphics updates, Contrast shader, Stylish GUI... https://gyazo.com/9d7602b6548f47f044cf06e32259351e
Enhanced weapons.. https://gyazo.com/26504e6b2d9801b40532cf2896f1d2d2

And then a few server-specific workshop haks I forgot to uninstall for other servers?

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:36 am

To quote myself from the last three times this has come up about this dagger....
The Poison Weapon property needs to have a poison defined in its tag, otherwise it won't do anything. To fix this, the Snakefang item needs to have some digits appended to its item tag depending on the type of poison the devs would like it to use.
The poison type is determined by using the last three characters (which must be digits) in the poisoning item's tag as a row number in des_crft_poison.2da. Rows 001-042 have been defined by BioWare.
IF Devs want it to be a non vanilla poison, they'll need to correctly append as well.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:03 pm

Whoops. That was my fault. I forgot to link the poison-weapon to any actual poison. So the use poison function is essentially broken. I don't have access to any server-side data, so one of the dev's will have to fix it up/determine what kind of poison its linked to.

Nidea Lynn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nidea Lynn » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:57 pm

Update to this thread to look at making snakefang's "use poison" work. :)

This shows me trying to use the poison on an empty bottle to which it gives the correct error to use it on a weapon. Since I have two snakefangs, I applied the second one to itself yet it gave me the notice that nothing happened.
Marle VVLL [Episodic Character]
Nidea Lynn [Active]
Synnafay Ssambra [Paused]

Heroic Spirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Poison doesn't proc on-hit

Post by Heroic Spirit » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:24 pm

Description: When using weapon poison, the targets aren't receiving the expected saves, nor do they take the poison effect.

Steps to reproduce: Use poison on melee weapon or ammunition; attack a creature.

Expected result: Said creature fails or passes poison save.

Actual result: Nothing happens.

Notes: I've used two different poisons when trying this, as I don't have access to a large number. With both EyeBlast and Cave Terror, the effect is the same.

Heroic Spirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Poison doesn't proc on-hit

Post by Heroic Spirit » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:02 pm

With the same build, poison works in the PGCC when using ammunition.

MarleVV11

Post by MarleVV11 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:15 am

Bump. :)

Nidea Lynn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nidea Lynn » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:42 pm

I can confirm that this dagger still doesn't work which is unfortunate since my STRanger now passively has 'use poison.' :/
Marle VVLL [Episodic Character]
Nidea Lynn [Active]
Synnafay Ssambra [Paused]

MarleVV11

Post by MarleVV11 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:33 pm

Bump. :)

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:27 pm

For the future, please use the bug report template.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=22680

However, note to self, x2_s2_poisonwp

Done.

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Morgy » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:47 pm

Bumpy.

Dr. B

Post by Dr. B » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:03 pm

I've had this issue with eyeblast, specifically.

Dreams

Post by Dreams » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:15 pm

What classes are having issues?

- I have a rogue/wm/cav who has no problems with the on hit from poison use, both nwn default and arelith scripted.
- Spellsword/IB who has no problems with either poisons, even when all imbues/bless/blackstaff/etc are stacked up as well.
- Assassin continues to have the bug where you can't use poison properly after using -assassinate.
- Swashbuckler seems to be using NWN default poisons fine, but occasionally has issues with arelith scripted poisons not working. (equipping weapon again doesn't seem to change the outcome)

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:51 pm

Blackguard I was using. Eyeblast definitely not procing!

Ordo.Lupus

Post by Ordo.Lupus » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:44 am

I tried using a Stranger/EKD and the carrior crawler brain juice on PGCC. I noticed that the bugbears stopped what they're doing and just stood still like they got paralyzed as they're supposed to by the poison
"To every man is given the key to the gates of heaven. The same key opens the gates of hell" - Richard P. Feynman

Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:30 pm

There's a good number of moving parts here.. Use Poison as class feat, as item property, as unique on-Use (targeting a weapon, targeting food/drink/wells), and then the vanilla poison 2da library, Mithreas' poison library, ActionReplay's poison library... So if we can get a good list of very specific cases for me to test against, that would be a tremendous help troubleshooting.

In these test cases, I'd need to know:
- Where do your poison abilities come from (if any)? (ie Blackguard, Assassin, etc.)
- What type poison were you using?
- What were you applying the poison to?
- What behavior did you observe, vs what you expected?
- Can you replicate the odd behavior by following the exact same steps twice?

There's a handful of other bug reports about poison on this forum and I've only got so many hours in the day, so if you can help me isolate what dimensions this problem runs along with example cases with the above details, that would be a huge help! Else, we'll try to chase it down in time.

Done.

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:37 am

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:30 pm
There's a good number of moving parts here.. Use Poison as class feat, as item property, as unique on-Use (targeting a weapon, targeting food/drink/wells), and then the vanilla poison 2da library, Mithreas' poison library, ActionReplay's poison library... So if we can get a good list of very specific cases for me to test against, that would be a tremendous help troubleshooting.

In these test cases, I'd need to know:
- Where do your poison abilities come from (if any)? (ie Blackguard, Assassin, etc.)
- What type poison were you using?
- What were you applying the poison to?
- What behavior did you observe, vs what you expected?
- Can you replicate the odd behavior by following the exact same steps twice?

There's a handful of other bug reports about poison on this forum and I've only got so many hours in the day, so if you can help me isolate what dimensions this problem runs along with example cases with the above details, that would be a huge help! Else, we'll try to chase it down in time.

Hey!

In answer to your points:

- Blackguard
- Custom Poison, Eyeblast
- Greensteel Short Sword
- Poison successfully applied and seen on examine, but no rolls in combat log to check for saves as per other poisons. No evidence
of target blinded on hit at any point.
- Yes, this was tested numerous times and failed.

I'll let you know if I find others!

Watchful Glare

Post by Watchful Glare » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:33 pm

Assassin:

Tested with:
Secret of the Shadows (Dagger) [Widow's Kiss]
Viper (Dagger) [Eyeblast]
- Eyeblast poison seems to be working, even after switching weapons or sheathing them
- Widow's Kiss procs only once per target. When dual wielding/after sheathing it doesn't trigger at all. It behaves absolutely erratically.

Even when not dual wielding: Only once it proc'd once per hit, seemed to be working as intended. Then half the time it proc's maybe once per flurry. Then the rest of the time it just doesn't work at all no matter how many times a hit connects.

It also does not work as intended. Had target fail the poison save. Then waited for a good five minutes. Nothing happens.

Tested on:

Deep Glenn Ogres
Biz here was a constant subliminal hum, and death the accepted punishment for laziness, carelessness, lack of grace, the failure to heed the demands of an intricate protocol.

Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:11 pm

You guys rock.

This looks pretty firmly like an issue with the on-hit library, especially if it looks like the poisons are being applied when examining the weapons, and IF confirming that consumable poisons proc (I'd put money that they are though). That's another rabbit-hole completely unrelated to poisons though, but at least I know which rabbit-hole to start looking at now.

That said, any more unique examples of odd behavior are still welcome, ESPECIALLY if it looks like it might disprove my current theory.

Done.

Morgy

Post by Morgy » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:52 pm

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:11 pm
You guys rock.

This looks pretty firmly like an issue with the on-hit library, especially if it looks like the poisons are being applied when examining the weapons, and IF confirming that consumable poisons proc (I'd put money that they are though). That's another rabbit-hole completely unrelated to poisons though, but at least I know which rabbit-hole to start looking at now.

That said, any more unique examples of odd behavior are still welcome, ESPECIALLY if it looks like it might disprove my current theory.
Just fyi, I tried the Striped Toadstool poison under the exact same circumstances and it procs perfectly. Still not working for eyeblast, however!

Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:01 am

Rolling this into the larger "poison issues" thread.

Done.