Loremaster Secret of Teleportation (-teleport not working)

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Dubhwulfe
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Loremaster Secret of Teleportation (-teleport not working)

Post by Dubhwulfe » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:52 am

Description
==========
-teleport command does not work, when utilizing the Secret Knowledge of Teleportation. -teleport create still works, but can't do single person teleportation, even though the feat text states that the secret grants -teleport and -teleport create commands.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
1.) Create a Level 21 or greater character with 4 or more levels of Loremaster.
2.) Take "Secret Knowledge of Teleportation" as one of your greater secrets.
3.) Type -teleport into the chat window. (Radial Menu is empty for it)
4.) Nothing happens.

Expected result
-----------------------
Character will be given the teleportation prompt and be able to portal to another location.

Actual result
-------------------
Nothing happens. No error message, no reaction at all.

Screenshot(s)
--------------------

Notes
---------
I'd prefer to be able to teleport my character without leaving a fleeting portal source, indicating where my character "may have disappeared" to... obviously it's not a HUGE deal, but figured since the feat itself states I should have the -teleport command, I'd reach out here to see if it either is bugged, or if the feat text needs to be changed. :)

neverwinternightly

Re: Loremaster Secret of Teleportation (-teleport not working)

Post by neverwinternightly » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:19 am

I have heard multiple times that it is not intended for LM to have access to -teleport, but only -teleport create with this secret. This remains as a remnant of when GSF: Transmutation was needed to select the secret.

I do agree that it would be nice for the feat text to be updated. It's rather misleading! I had selected the secret and been under the impression I wouldn't constantly be using spell components as a LM who wanted to teleport using the -teleport command only to find out that I didn't have access to it.

godhand-
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by godhand- » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:25 am

Is there any clarity around whether this is intended?

I took this feat with the expectation i would gain access to both commands, but as this bug report suggests, it only grants access to the -teleport create command.
Cortex wrote: Addendum, the immediate above post by godhand is wrong in about every aspect, as were most of his other posts.

aergnist
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by aergnist » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:44 pm

The Loremaster secrets only grant access to ESF cookies, yes, so the description here is wrong; Secret Knowledge of Teleportation should only grant access to -teleport create. Will see it updated shortly.