Explosive Barrels Recipe doesn't work, won't detect Torches

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Cabarcos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Explosive Barrels Recipe doesn't work, won't detect Torches

Post by Cabarcos » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:22 pm

I've tried to create all the variations of Explosive Barrel in Alchemy and always happens the same.
It didn't detect the component "Torch"
I've tried with the ones sold by merchants and with the torches that you can find in barrels, etc.

Morgy
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Explosive Barrels Recipe doesn't work, won't detect Torches

Post by Morgy » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Same. It recognises these torches for the ol' powderkegs, but not the new barrels.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:54 pm

Is there a recipe for torch?

Cabarcos
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cabarcos » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:44 pm

If it's haven't found it. Softwood or Hardwood + cloth?

time_limited

Alchemy: Exploding Barrels - All types, Torch item

Post by time_limited » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:55 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
It is not possible to craft any of the exploding Barrels from alchemy due to the fact that the required Torch item is not recognized.

On the other hand using the same torch item for the Powderkegs recipie works fine.

So Powderkegs recipe works with torches, while explosive Barrels recipe doesn't recognise that the torch is inside the alchemy table

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Buy a Torch
Insert all required ingredients for n explosive barrel into an alchemy workstation

Unable to start the crafting project as the Torch is not recognizer by the recipie

Expected Result:
Able to start the crafting project

Actual Result:
Unable to start the crafting project - the dialog shows Torch 0/1 despite it being in the workstation.

Tested with all types of explosive Barrels recipes.
Was able to craft Powderkegs with the same torch in the workstation.
Plays as:
Brega Dwarf-Smasher (active)
Longinus Dwarf-Smasher

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:04 pm

Merged into this thread.

This is likely a resref issue where two different torches were used. Just needs a crafting recipe update.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Bendelanada00

Post by Bendelanada00 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:28 am

You have to use torches that you find from corpses you kill. Who knows why these decisions are made? But that is the case. It took me a whole day to figure this out and successfully craft those barrels, which are rather lame duck anyway.

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:00 pm

Bendelanada00 wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:28 am
You have to use torches that you find from corpses you kill. Who knows why these decisions are made? But that is the case. It took me a whole day to figure this out and successfully craft those barrels, which are rather lame duck anyway.
It's by no means a 'decision'. More a mistake. I'll look into seeing if I can fix this one way or another in the coming days.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

The GrumpyCat
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by The GrumpyCat » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:20 pm

I've removed torches from the requirement for now. The change should come in next reset I think.
This too shall pass.

(I now have a DM Discord (I hope) It's DM GrumpyCat#7185 but please keep in mind I'm very busy IRL so I can't promise how quick I'll get back to you.)

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:26 pm

The GrumpyCat wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:20 pm
I've removed torches from the requirement for now. The change should come in next reset I think.
You are a hero. These seem amazing. However, was it a concrete decision not to allow players to alter their name and description. Was hoping to make a few and name them something more in character for the RP purposes of a mining company (blasting gel). However, I can sort of see why you don't want a bunch of "Wine Barrels" being placed somewhere and ready to blow when the knowledgeable party decides. So, just chiming in here to see if that was the intention.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by ActionReplay » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:02 am

Archnon wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:26 pm
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:20 pm
You are a hero. These seem amazing. However, was it a concrete decision not to allow players to alter their name and description. Was hoping to make a few and name them something more in character for the RP purposes of a mining company (blasting gel). However, I can sort of see why you don't want a bunch of "Wine Barrels" being placed somewhere and ready to blow when the knowledgeable party decides. So, just chiming in here to see if that was the intention.
These are Lite Fixtures, meaning they are not persistent so you can't stack up on them like regular Fixtures. And by so they are missing out from some of those typical fixture stuff like renaming and commands.

Archnon

Post by Archnon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:42 pm

Interesting. So they will disappear through resets. That makes them a much more restricted RP tool. Thanks for clarifying!