Tribal Call issues.

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

MageTankTech

Tribal Call issues.

Post by MageTankTech » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:31 pm

Issue 1: When summoning the game randomly crashes. This happens maybe once out of every five times.
Issue 2: Cooldown randomly fails to work. This tends to be an issue after a crash or when swapping servers. (Note that -Cooldown All doesn't always fix it. In such cases the only way to fix it is to Rest.)

Drogo Gyslain

Re: Tribal Call issues.

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:07 pm

So from what I've observed (and this is from playing 2 barbarians and a druid with totem summons)

Issue 1: I've never experienced any direct link between summoning and crashing. That sounds like a local gamefile foulup more than a server issue. More testing, proding, data, etc. would be needed to narrow it down.

Issue 2: 9/10 times, -cd works properly, but what you're doing is leaving the server with your summons still on the field. So what it does is when you 'portal out' changing servers, it doesn't unsummon your tribals until AFTER you've left the server. But, because you've already left and your digital footprint is gone from that server, the -cd doesn't get triggered. So when you walk back onto the server, it's like you never left. Try unsummoning them before changing servers. -cd wouldn't fix it either, and that isn't because it's a bug. Like alot of skills, Tribal Call is an x-per-day type of ability. If you leave the server and the -cd doesn't trigger, the game basically treats you like you've used all of your uses of the ability and you have to rest.

So it's not necessarily a bug, but a server limitation. Try unsummoning your tribals before leaving a given server, and it should abate the issue. That's what worked for me.