Bugged Panther Animal companion AI / bugged Player tool

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Rico_scorpion

Bugged Panther Animal companion AI / bugged Player tool

Post by Rico_scorpion » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:50 pm

Hi,

I'm playing a ranger on live (surface).
Bat totem (not that it should make any difference).
Chose the Panther animal companion.

The animal's behaviour is VERY erratic, changing target all the time, never committing on the same target. Not unlike being on "guard me" while having many foes attacking you (in which case the ai tries to steal aggro by attacking a bit everyone). But that happens even if you're not on on aforementioned "guard me" mode, ignoring orders like "attack nearest". This behaviour triggers massive amounts of attack of opportunities as the animal is always running round jumping from mob to mob, and dieing extremely fast making it useless beyond a single fight.

What's even more worrying, is that this weird behavior is not even bypassed by the player tool's micromanagement. Giving the order to attack a specific enemy with the tool, results in the animal attacking it once, maybe a round, maybe two, but then will quick shift target on its own to just try to attack a bit everyone... once again dieing super fast.

No matter how I love the panther, i just stopped using it even for levelling up, just too frustrating to see it trigger 20 aoo per fight xD.

Also, this "bugged behaviour" is not a 'once in a while it bugs', it's 100% of the time, everytime the panther has to fight. So it's pretty easy to replicate.

Cheers.

Ps: this is a new bug to me, last time i levelled an animal companion character (around 6 months ago), it wasn't like that.

Rico_scorpion

Re: Bugged Panther Animal companion AI / bugged Player tool

Post by Rico_scorpion » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Two addendums:

- This is very much obvious whenever there's a ranged or caster around. The AI just becomes insane and ignores everything (even under player tool control) to get to them
- It's not as "100%" as I sold it in the previous post. Player tool can mitigate the issue if there's no ranged (put one ranged and player tool gets thrown off the window).