Wand Bugs

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

LichBait

Wand Bugs

Post by LichBait » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:47 pm

I've noticed various issues in the past month or so with wands. When I use Shadow Conjuration: Mage Armor (7) and Barkskin (12) in that order, I'll get the full AC I should get from the wands. However, if I use Barkskin (12) then Shadow Conjuration: Mage Armor (7) in that order, I'll be short 1 AC point.

In addition, it seems wand uses sometimes just glitch out way before their intended durations end. I've, multiple times, clocked a Haste (10) wand at only 12 seconds (2 rounds). I had a Freedom wand last only 6 seconds. I've had various Zoo Buff Transmutation wands only last 1 IG hour before they go away without preamble. The issue is somewhat intermittent, and hard to track. Just wanted to let someone know.

Addendum: This is both on a PC with caster levels, and a mundane PC build.

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

ElvenEdibles

Re: Wand Bugs

Post by ElvenEdibles » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:25 pm

It's not just wands who's durations end before they're supposed to. I frequently see it specifically with Haste and Mass Haste spells.

Definately Not A Mimic

Post by Definately Not A Mimic » Sat May 01, 2021 1:02 am

Just so the two related are together a bit..

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=33327

Pippo

Post by Pippo » Mon May 03, 2021 8:27 pm

I've encountered another bug related not to the duration, but to the effect of Barkskin. A first application only grants the basic +3 AC, while I need to use another charge to obtain the full +4.