Epic Spell: Planar Conduit

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Soulfulless

Epic Spell: Planar Conduit

Post by Soulfulless » Sat May 15, 2021 4:46 pm

: SELECT ALL

Description of Bug Experienced:
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)

I was trying to use the control associate command on the female archer that is summoned. I expected to be able to control the male and female together or separately or not control them at all and be able to switch between the such. The male character functioned normally, where the female equipped a long sword and only occasionally attacked. Most of the time just standing still. I could get her to follow but nothing else.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Not sure what information is relevant to the summon.

Sun Elf Race - Chaotic Good alignment - Level 24 Sorcerer/5 LM

Expected Result:

Ability to control the summons and have them function normally

Actual Result:

Only one of the two NPCs that were summoned functioned normally. The female archer did not respond to commands while being controlled. When I selected to no longer control, she did not return to AI as normal and stood idle most of the time.

Additional Information/Notes

So fun to play regardless :)

Carbon Copies

Re: Epic Spell: Planar Conduit

Post by Carbon Copies » Sun May 16, 2021 10:18 am

Same thing happens with the Formians from the Mechanus stream. Once the archer switches from bow to club the AI just breaks.

Soulfulless

Post by Soulfulless » Sun May 16, 2021 10:50 pm

Carbon Copies wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 10:18 am
Same thing happens with the Formians from the Mechanus stream. Once the archer switches from bow to club the AI just breaks.
Yea, and sometimes it doesn't even get that far and they start off with a melee weapon and don't do anything from the get go. Sometimes randomly attacking and other times not.

_-HiM-_
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by _-HiM-_ » Mon May 17, 2021 8:57 pm

Also id like to add this spell can be taken by Spellswords and is able to be cast by them (Doesnt work on trueflame i should add - i tested both)

Xarge VI

Post by Xarge VI » Tue May 18, 2021 10:19 am

I've noticed that not only Planar Conduit but also Gate summon seems to behave wonkily. I had my Gear Golem out fighting Abulan. As far as I could tell Abulan didn't have invisiblity on anymore as it was out of spells and was attacking in melee. It's been some time since last time I used Gate until today, but it didn't have problems like that before.

The Gear Golem seemed to target Abulan as it kept facing it. But didn't attack with henchman command or the vanilla attack nearest function. Using 'guard me' command from the radial menu had the golem attack for one round, then stand still again until the command was issued again.

After that I summoned Black Blade of Disaster which seemed to work without any issues.

ElvinDark

Post by ElvinDark » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:55 am

Having the same issue, the Archer just stands around no matter how I try to control them.