Spirits Not Recognized for Giant Strength Potion

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Anira

Spirits Not Recognized for Giant Strength Potion

Post by Anira » Mon May 17, 2021 8:14 am

Description
==========
No matter which bottle of spirits (found, bought) you put into the cookpot, it still says you have 0 spirits required to make the Giant Strength Potion.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Change pots, change servers, buy the spirits, find the spirits on a kill. Doesn't matter it will not register.

Expected result
-----------------------
Put the spirits and the rest of the ingredients in a cookpot and make a batch of Giant Strength Potions

Actual result
-------------------
Says you have 0 spirits required for the recipe *Edited name of potion and to add that we even tried brewing spirits and it doesn't recognize the spirits you brew as "Spirits".

Definately Not A Mimic

Re: Spirits Not Recognized for Giant Strength Potion

Post by Definately Not A Mimic » Mon May 17, 2021 6:10 pm

I know you said you tried buying, but, empty your inventory of any spirits you have, buy just one, don't do the ten stack, just one and see if that fixes it. If so, any you pick up after that should stack on that single and all work, but your very first one in inventory (used to) has to be from buying a single one.

Anira

Post by Anira » Mon May 17, 2021 9:39 pm

Emptied all the spirits out of the inventory and made some spirits in the cookpot.

They didn't work.

We've tried it with purchased, found, and brewed and it still says zero when it comes to spirits.

Anira

Post by Anira » Wed May 19, 2021 6:31 am

Bumping because I'm absolutely not understanding why this doesn't work.

Tabby
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Tabby » Wed May 19, 2021 9:09 am

*edit* i just now notice this has been answered, sorry.

Dont have the corrupted spirits in your inventory when you obtain new ones. If you have in inventory, the new obtain ones will stack on the corrupted ones and become corrupted.

I learned some time ago, that bulk 10 Spirits from vendors are corrupted with this bug

Dormant Character: Tabitha Fuzzypaw - Shelved, searching all corners for treasures and secrets.
Misty Scrollsinger - Still searching answers, but is now elsewhere

Rolled Character: Björn Njald - sailed on new adventures

Anira

Post by Anira » Wed May 19, 2021 11:30 am

I must not be explaining myself well.

Inventory is empty of spirits. Buy one spirit. Not recognized.

Inventory empty of spirits. Brew spirits. Spirits not recognized.

Are our characters bugged?

Tabby
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Tabby » Wed May 19, 2021 12:04 pm

It seems, something is wrong. When i log on next time i will try make a potion aswell :)

Dormant Character: Tabitha Fuzzypaw - Shelved, searching all corners for treasures and secrets.

Anira

Post by Anira » Sat May 22, 2021 9:51 am

Just bumping this as it's getting lost in the myriad of other bugs since the update.

Logged in last night and still couldn't make a Giant Strength potion.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat May 22, 2021 3:23 pm

To give this a bit of an answer and hopefully not confuse anyone.

This is a quick snippet of the details in the Database for that recipe. As you can see, you need the four specific ingredients (Mandrake Root, Spirit, Glass Bottle, and Giant Bone). Now, to look at how the recipe recognize the item, it needs to match the exact resref. In this case for the Spirit, the resref of that item MUST be gs_item031.

This means that there is likely other versions of Spirit on the server that have a different resref (resref definition: https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/ResRef). This is likely a base game item in there that is circulating. We would have to identify where the incorrect spirit is coming from and remove it from the loot matrix / shops.

You should be able to make the recipe with the correct Spirit though - you may just be purchasing a bad one still. Or it stacked with another. Since you said you had none in your inventory, can you let me know which shop it was so I can take a look in the toolset?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

helitron

Post by helitron » Sat May 22, 2021 5:02 pm

The single Spirit bottle you buy from NPCs work, NOT the 10x stacks and not the ones you find as loot.

Throw all spirits bottles away from your inventory and buy single bottles only from NPCs. Can also buy them multiple times and let them stack in your inv. That works for me.

Rolled characters:
William Bones; Durk Rotgrun; Hector Bartholomew; Rali Runehammer; Daris Blake; Nathaniel Silvers; Mordarok; Guy Silvers; Shayleth Shadowblood

Anira

Post by Anira » Sat May 22, 2021 7:29 pm

Spyre wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:23 pm
To give this a bit of an answer and hopefully not confuse anyone.

This is a quick snippet of the details in the Database for that recipe. As you can see, you need the four specific ingredients (Mandrake Root, Spirit, Glass Bottle, and Giant Bone). Now, to look at how the recipe recognize the item, it needs to match the exact resref. In this case for the Spirit, the resref of that item MUST be gs_item031.

This means that there is likely other versions of Spirit on the server that have a different resref (resref definition: https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/ResRef). This is likely a base game item in there that is circulating. We would have to identify where the incorrect spirit is coming from and remove it from the loot matrix / shops.

You should be able to make the recipe with the correct Spirit though - you may just be purchasing a bad one still. Or it stacked with another. Since you said you had none in your inventory, can you let me know which shop it was so I can take a look in the toolset?
Hi there :)

We bought the single spirit from the smokey bar in Freeport which is all the way down by the water.

Other than that, we have been brewing the spirits in the cookpot and trying to use those. Inventory is empty of the offending spirits every time.

It used to work with any spirit we obtained. I'm not sure what happened. All of a sudden it just stopped recognizing the spirits.

Tabby
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Tabby » Tue May 25, 2021 12:27 pm

Promised a feedback, the Potion i made did recognize the spirit, so as Spyre mentioned it may be around in shops
I know Bendir Quartermaster second floor had(still has?) This issue too, when buying 10xbulk spirits. I can test it later and place a feedback on this.

Anatida
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Anatida » Tue May 25, 2021 6:02 pm

iirc the only way to get a stack of 10 (or w/e) of an item in a merchant, is to make a new item. In this case the resrefs would not match. IE, I don't think the stack of 10 is ever going to work.

I also noticed that the merchants in Guldorand are selling the old-style baseitems. (Easily noticeable by looking at a heal kit +3. Old style is just the white kit, new style has a purple symbol in the center). This shouldn't affect the recipe, as the resrefs are the same. But perhaps there was something else changed?

I'll help look into this if needed.

My pronouns are: She/Her/That *itch

Anira

Post by Anira » Tue May 25, 2021 7:58 pm

We've tried spirits from Cordor and other places. Empty inventory every time so there's no stacking going on.

I think our characters must be bugged or something. I will just get someone else to brew the potion. I honestly have no idea why we can't get the cookpots to recognize the spirits. Sorry for all the trouble.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Tue May 25, 2021 11:03 pm

Anira wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:58 pm
We've tried spirits from Cordor and other places. Empty inventory every time so there's no stacking going on.

I think our characters must be bugged or something. I will just get someone else to brew the potion. I honestly have no idea why we can't get the cookpots to recognize the spirits. Sorry for all the trouble.
Nothing to do with your character. As mentioned above in my other post, it has to do with resrefs.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

Tabby
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Tabby » Wed May 26, 2021 9:11 am

With what Anatida says, if the 10x bulk ones will never be fixed.. remove them entirely?