MY EYES! | Warlock/Monk Glow Effect

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

innerbloom

MY EYES! | Warlock/Monk Glow Effect

Post by innerbloom » Fri May 21, 2021 4:45 pm

Hello! Perhaps this was intentional, but this last update seems to have stripped a good amount of the eye glow effect for both warlocks and monks.

Description
——————
It appears as though the glow graphic was pushed back further into the model head.
From a forward-facing perspective, the glow is nearly (or entirely) imperceptible. I have noticed the glow is often more apparent from the side.

Steps to reproduce
—————————
Visible on any warlock or monk.

Expected result
————————
Glowing eyes.

Actual result
———————
Glowing eyes? Kinda. The level of visibility is muted throughout but seems to vary based on head model. The glow-feature is entirely lost when wearing any helmet.

Thank you for your time!
Main: Nevve; lost in reverie.
Alt: Ford; taking a swim.
Rolled: Blythe; raising Banites.

Inactive IG for the time being.

innerbloom

Re: MY EYES! | Warlock/Monk Glow Effect

Post by innerbloom » Fri May 21, 2021 10:15 pm

This is not a bug!
Just a setting issue. Resolved!
Main: Nevve; lost in reverie.
Alt: Ford; taking a swim.
Rolled: Blythe; raising Banites.

Inactive IG for the time being.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Post by MalKalz » Sat May 22, 2021 3:12 am

This is a Beamdog issue - you should not have to adjust settings to minimal to see them. I'd report it to Beamdog if I was you so it can be properly resolved.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DM Symphony » Sun May 23, 2021 3:55 am

This is a bug, the eye color pixels will not render in front of the PC pixels. They will render in front of anything else, when using General Shader Qualities other than Minimum, which will disable the new feature that is causing them to disappear.

It's been identified by Beamdog, and will be fixed in a patch.

Unfortunately, the feature that broke these eyes is pretty awesome, and designed to help the blending of particles around hard surfaces, and should dramatically improve the appearance of fog and other particle systems, but the disappearing eye glow was not caught in time to roll out the patch, stable updates like these are usually frozen for a few weeks before release (fixing a bug like this last minute could ruin a bunch of other stuff that wouldn't be caught either).

Cagus

Warlock eyes inside the head

Post by Cagus » Mon May 31, 2021 8:01 pm

Hi,
warlock eyes effect on half-orc male head No. 14 doesn't show. (In fact, it shows in the head, one can only detect slight end of fire coming out of the head)
I remember picking the head because it was one of few, which showed correctly.

I believe it will not be the only head.
Is it possible to look into this? It shall be just wrong positioning because of size. (Character is orog).

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Warlock eyes inside the head

Post by MalKalz » Mon May 31, 2021 8:14 pm

Beamdog issue.

It looks to be an emitter issue with a packaged shader.. they were made aware of it and other issues seen. I imagine it may be investigated by them and improved upon in a later update.

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

nikoko

Post by nikoko » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:09 am

As above poster said, it seems to be a Beamdog issue with the new update, something with the shaders.

As a workaround you can go into options > graphics > set general shader quality to minimal. That fixed it for me.

Cagus

Post by Cagus » Tue Jun 01, 2021 12:49 pm

Thanks for answers.
I tried the workaround. It is better, for sure, but it is still off (it is that one eye is almost ok, but the second not at all).

I guess there's no other way than waiting and hoping.
Thanks again

Cagus

Post by Cagus » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:04 pm

Are there any news on this?

Any medium race has halogen lamps instead of eyes, but with orog there is not even 1% difference.

P.S.: At any shader setting.

fulminea

Post by fulminea » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:14 pm

I remember there was in a past a HUGE fix that properly fixed warlock eyes even for orogs. My knowledge of these things is very thin but I do wonder as well if it could be possible to fix that.