Logon Takes 5-10 Minutes - Is This Really Necesary?

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Logon Takes 5-10 Minutes - Is This Really Necesary?

Post by Cuchilla » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:33 pm

For quite some time, I been having troubles logging on. I am updated with NWN, as far as I know. These are some of the issues:

- I reach the server vault, but the chars are black. If I try to logon: Black Screen.
- I reach the server vault, and see the vault, I choose a char, and: Black Screen.

When I logout, and try to logon again I have to wait for 3-4 minutes for the game to log my char out.

Sometimes, if I am lucky, I get to play after 2-3 repeated attempts to logon. Sometimes it takes more.

Is this really necesary? I tried to search the forums, but there are so many posts here ...

I consider myself a patient person, and it is not that it ruins my fun, but ...

(PS: I am really a techno dumb-bum, so if you wish to help, avoid abbreviations, technical language, and more. Thank you!).

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Logon Takes 5-10 Minutes - Is This Really Necesary?

Post by MalKalz » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:42 pm

Is this really necesary? I tried to search the forums, but there are so many posts here ...

I consider myself a patient person, and it is not that it ruins my fun, but ...
I think this is more so an issue with your own setup and such? This isn't the case for other players.

Some things we will need to know:

- Workshop content that you are subscribed to.
- Game version you are on.
- Overrides / other features you manually installed.

We can try to piece together solutions with more information on how to fix your specific issue (if possible).

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

TooManyPotatoes

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:51 pm

It takes me approximately 3 seconds to get to the server vault, followed by a few seconds to load the area once I've selected my character.

I can't fathom why it would take you this long to log in and I can only presume the fault lies on your end somewhere. Perhaps better to post this to the Questions and Answers section with your computer and internet specs along with a timeline of when this started to become so bad.

Just some questions off the top of my head.

Did it always take you over a minute to log in or is this a recent development?

Is your server vault filled with hundreds of characters? Try deleting a bunch of them if it is.

Is the problem specific to Arelith or does it take a long time to log in to other servers?

Does it take you a long time just to load the single player campaign?

Are you connecting to the internet via wifi or are you using a wired connection. Consider trying a wired connection to see if things improve.

Worth trying a fresh install of NWN without workshop subscriptions, etc.

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Cuchilla » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:04 pm

Sorry, if I posted on the wrong forum, not sure how to move it to the Q&A section
Spyre wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:42 pm

I think this is more so an issue with your own setup and such? This isn't the case for other players.

Some things we will need to know:

- Workshop content that you are subscribed to.
- Game version you are on.
- Overrides / other features you manually installed.

We can try to piece together solutions with more information on how to fix your specific issue (if possible).
- Workshop content. I have no idea what that is, so I suppose the answer is: none. What I do, is just updating with the regular updates.
- game version says v83.8193.23 [e3ca309a]. When checking into my Beamdog account, I can't see any update button.
- I have no overrides what so ever.
TooManyPotatoes wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:51 pm
It takes me approximately 3 seconds to get to the server vault, followed by a few seconds to load the area once I've selected my character.

I can't fathom why it would take you this long to log in and I can only presume the fault lies on your end somewhere. Perhaps better to post this to the Questions and Answers section with your computer and internet specs along with a timeline of when this started to become so bad.

Just some questions off the top of my head.

Did it always take you over a minute to log in or is this a recent development?

Is your server vault filled with hundreds of characters? Try deleting a bunch of them if it is.

Is the problem specific to Arelith or does it take a long time to log in to other servers?

Does it take you a long time just to load the single player campaign?

Are you connecting to the internet via wifi or are you using a wired connection. Consider trying a wired connection to see if things improve.

Worth trying a fresh install of NWN without workshop subscriptions, etc.
- The logging on the last 2-3 months become harder and harder.
- I got 3 chars in my vault.
- It is Arelith specific
- I use WIFI.

LAST:
If this is just an issue for me, and you don't have an immediate solution, please don't spend more time on it. Like I said, I am a patient person, and life goes on ... Maybe we could just delete this, so it doesn't spam the bug forum?

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

TooManyPotatoes

Post by TooManyPotatoes » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:41 pm

Honestly, most problems ive seen have been solved by a fresh install of nwn. If youre playing on steam theres a workshop tab and its worth checking you arent subscribed to anything there.

For more advanced solutions you might have more luck joining the arelith discord and asking through the tech support channel. A lot of helpful people around.

And keep in mind that solving this problem is also a favour to those you play with as im sure theyd rather be playing with you than waiting for you to log in.