Unusual behaviour from Totem summons on server swaps

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Hinty

Unusual behaviour from Totem summons on server swaps

Post by Hinty » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:08 pm

I'll not parse this as a normal bug report because, well , I am not sure what the intended behavior is.

When my Raven Totem ranger summons using her spells, she gets a raven. When she summons with a scroll she gets a normal summon. However, when she uses, for example, a scroll to summon a Dire Spider, sometimes when she jumps to a new server, the Dire Spider is still a Dire Spider, and sometimes it is now a Raven.

I have not noticed any pattern it seems utterly random to me,, perhaps it is a server lag issue causing a script to be skipped?

I also do not know if this might work in reverse and cause Totem summons to sometimes come out the other side as normal critters.

Either way, whether the intention is for Scroll summons to remain normal, or to be totemified, the servers are currently doing both, so one way or another, somethings borked.

Edit: Have only tested this between C&P and Surface, both effects happened going both ways, and both effects happened on two separate transitions.

Drogo Gyslain

Re: Unusual behaviour from Totem summons on server swaps

Post by Drogo Gyslain » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:35 pm

That appears to be an issue with the persistance and totems masking the summon. I saw the same issue with the Panthers becoming Dire Tigers when I found the summon duplication glitch.

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Unusual behaviour from Totem summons on server swaps

Post by Rei_Jin » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:53 am

Bump, this is still happening as of last night.

Now when I dismiss a tribal, I have to make sure I do it after I've rested so that they don't murder me and anyone else who's around