Opponents underwater

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Vancy

Opponents underwater

Post by Vancy » Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:10 am

Description
==========
When sailing on a pirate ship and boarding NPC vessels (Privateers, Skal Longships, Slavers), some of the opponents spawn away from the ship underwater. If they have ranged attacks they can attack players on board of a ship. The existance of these enemies usually blocks the ability to return to your own vessel if you have summons out. The summons are in combat with those enemies underwater and you cannot use the boarding ladder in combat. To avoid this I use Greater Sanctuary (needed to take it, as Sanctuary seems to be still disabled), but it unsummons your allies. It is a problem with Epic Planar Conduit as you only get one cast of that per rest.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Board an enemy ship with a pirate vessel. From what I've seen there are enemies underwater away from the ship always.

Expected result
-----------------------
No enemies should be underwater, they should all be on deck of the ship available to fight. Alternatively summons should be able to ignore them to allow safely returning to your own vessel.

Actual result
-------------------
Enemies spawn underwater and block the ability to disembark from the ship with summons out. If they are mages/archers they can also attack you on deck from where they're standing.
Screenshot(s)
--------------------
Notes
---------
This really makes sailing a lot harder for anyone that uses summons in combat aboard NPC vessels, as you have to unsummon them every time. In case of Epic Spell Planar Conduit it makes you need to rest each time to replenish the spell.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Opponents underwater

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:21 pm

This is a tileset issue, and while the fix is straightforward, it's tedious and manual and there's a heap of similar ones in my backlog. It's just a matter of time until I (or someone else familiar with the process) can hammer them all out in one go and be done with it all. Annoying but not critical- will keep this thread open.

Done.