BUG - Monk's Quivering Palm

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Nightwolf901

BUG - Monk's Quivering Palm

Post by Nightwolf901 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:03 pm

Description of Bug Experienced: Acquired level 15 to get Quivering Palm and assigned it to my bar. Was told by a friend that it was bugged and I tested it. It uses the charge of it and goes on cooldown but there is no effect that happens when its used. No save is made. No 'Target is Immune to Death Effects' or anything.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Get Quivering Palm, Attempt to use it, Watch it go on CD and no save is made or effect.

Expected Result:
Suppose to force the target to make a Fort Save against death.

Actual Result:
It goes on CD with nothing being produced.

Screenshot(s)
Screenshot of me having Quivering Palm off of CD
Screenshot exactly after the use of Quivering Palm going off. Target doesn't make a save and it goes on CD
Additional Information/Notes

Sombricimos

Re: BUG - Monk's Quivering Palm

Post by Sombricimos » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Might have to do with the fact that undeads are immune to immediate Death effects things

Nightwolf901

Post by Nightwolf901 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:58 pm

Sombricimos wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:38 pm
Might have to do with the fact that undeads are immune to immediate Death effects things
It would say they are immune to it then. Like it does with Critical Hits.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:00 pm

NWNwiki wrote:Creatures of the construct and undead types are immune to this effect, as are any creatures that are immune to critical hits.
Working as intended!
(Link to source: https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Quivering_palm)

Nightwolf901

Post by Nightwolf901 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:27 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:00 pm
NWNwiki wrote:Creatures of the construct and undead types are immune to this effect, as are any creatures that are immune to critical hits.
Working as intended!
I still feel like it should give a text of saying such rather than going on cooldown. If you could give me a little bit I can test it on a creature type that isn't immune to it with a screenshot.

Nightwolf901

Post by Nightwolf901 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:31 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Working as intended!
Orcs aren't immune to it, yet there is no save being made for it and my QC goes on Cooldown.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:56 pm

Nightwolf901 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:31 pm
Kalopsia wrote:
Working as intended!
Orcs aren't immune to it, yet there is no save being made for it and my QC goes on Cooldown.

NWNwiki wrote:Quivering palm may only be used on creatures at a lower level than the character.
Again, working as intended.
Also note that Quivering Palm is hardcoded so adding any kind of combat log feedback isn't possible at this time :)

Nightwolf901

Post by Nightwolf901 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:41 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:56 pm
Nightwolf901 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:31 pm
Kalopsia wrote:

Working as intended!

NWNwiki wrote:Quivering palm may only be used on creatures at a lower level than the character.
Again, working as intended.
Also note that Quivering Palm is hardcoded so adding any kind of combat log feedback isn't possible at this time :)
I'm sure a Deer is lower level than a level 17 monk. It gives a log within singleplayer and it used to give a log on arelith before.

It also stats that after an successful attack, it makes the save but here on this badger nothing happened and I had to attack it a second time.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:27 pm

Interesting. You're right though - I recall some combat log feedback about at least a char having used the ability, and even that appears missing.

Out of curiosity, how do you activate the ability? Do you use the radial menu on your opponent? Do you quickslot it and then click on the enemy? Do you use the -usefeat command? Is the result the same in all cases?

It'd also be interesting to know whether this happens all the time or just sporadically.
Has anyone used the ability successfully since the latest Beamdog update?

Nightwolf901

Post by Nightwolf901 » Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:31 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:27 pm
Interesting. You're right though - I recall some combat log feedback about at least a char having used the ability, and even that appears missing.

Out of curiosity, how do you activate the ability? Do you use the radial menu on your opponent? Do you quickslot it and then click on the enemy? Do you use the -usefeat command? Is the result the same in all cases?

It'd also be interesting to know whether this happens all the time or just sporadically.
Has anyone used the ability successfully since the latest Beamdog update?
Quicksloted. I click on it and click on the enemy, and its happened every time that I've used the feature which has been about 23 times now. Theres two other people that have told me that QC doesn't work and I went to test it myself.

Edit:
This is from trying to use it on the radical wheel when right clicking an enemy

Edit 2:
Followed by a second attempt from the Radical Wheel

Edit 3:
Quivering Palm isn't on the -usefeat list.

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:16 pm

Bumping this, still has the same issues posted above. 21 CL monk, still not registering on hotbar or radial when using.

_-HiM-_
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by _-HiM-_ » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:37 pm

So I have has it work once or twice but it only appears to show in the combat log of the enemy fails the save, if they succeed against it you don't seem get the log on combat.