Mobs do not find summons as a target

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Fava Beans

Mobs do not find summons as a target

Post by Fava Beans » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:07 pm

Description
==========
So, it would appear that sometimes hostile enemies do not register my summon as a target/hostile. ive noticed this a few times now and it seems to be tied to the caster being invisible while the summon is under the effect of concealment from improved invisibility. hostile mobs will perform random actions like 'talking' to each other while my summon actively engages enemies.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Cast invisibility on yourself, and improved invisibility on your summon, then go out for some dungeon runs, over time, less and less mobs react to the presence of the summon so long as the caster remains invisible

Expected result
-----------------------
Mobs to attack the summon on sight

Actual result
-------------------
Mobs do not engage the summon unless the summon attacks them directly.

Screenshot(s)
--------------------

Notes
---------
this does not happen all of the time, im not sure exactly what causes it, but there is some connection to the invisibility, if my own runs out in the middle of combat the whole mob will start attacking as normal, but will target me not the summon, the next mob i encounter post invisibility will attack the summon first.

i have not as of yet noticed this happen when my summon is not under the effect of improved invisibility, though ive only tested it without the buff intermittently