Domain Overhaul Bug Report thread

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Domain Overhaul Bug Report thread

Post by Kenji » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:05 am

Please report any of the following bugs you have found, consider reporting the following details on top of anything else you can add:
  • Class Levels (Cleric, Paladin, Blackguard, Divine Champion, Harper/Zhent Priest/Paragon)
  • Cleric Domains
  • Steps to reproduce
  • Expected Results
  • Actual Results
  • Which server was the bug/error encountered
  • What was the gaming platform for the NWN:EE client
Domain Spell List/Description
  • Which domains have an error in their intended bonus spells and descriptions?
Domain and Spell Interaction
  • Which spell has an intended interaction with a certain domain that isn't working?
Turn Undead
With expanded functionalities of Turn Undead, if you believe some creatures are not being properly turned, please report the following:
  • Target Creature Name and Racial Type (Examine and check for the dark green text at the very end)
  • Anything else you can think of

I Don~t Feel Like Dancing

Re: Turn Undead Bug Report thread

Post by I Don~t Feel Like Dancing » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:39 am

NPC Clerics have Animal/Air Domains and are turning Player Characters who shapeshift into an animal or elemental form
I did not expect monolith druid to get nerfed this way, but I like it.

I've noticed that moon domain's damage turn undead ability doesn't seem to be working vs undead. I don't know if that falls under the known turn undead issue vs undead, but thought to specify.

Class levels: 14 cleric
Target Creature: Mummy Priest/Warrior (Undead)
Domains: War/Moon

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:29 pm

Sun domain turn undead damage vs undead isn't working.

EDIT: The turn aberration piece works perfectly though, just sent a few driders back, lots of fun!

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:42 am

A fix is in the pipeline. Animal/Elemental PCs shouldn't be getting turned by all clerics unless they do have animal or elemental domains (area devs will be assigning these in the future).

Don't be surprised if Malarite priests started turning you while you're in bear form!

However, if the duration for players being turned lasts longer than 1 minute or Undeads aren't being properly turned again, let me know.

Hinty

Air Domain Gust of Wind

Post by Hinty » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:28 am

Description
==========

When a cleric with Air domain logs out with Gust of Wind in their spell book, the slot is empty when they log back in.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------

Prepare spell in spell book. Log out. Log back in.

Expected result
-----------------------
Spell should still be in spell book when you log back in

Actual result
-------------------
Empty slots.

Only experienced on the Distant Shores server so far. No issue with preparing Deafening Clang.

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Improved Death Armor - Death Domain

Post by Aren » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:31 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
Currently Clerics with the Death Domain, do not get improved Death Armor.

"Death Armor scaling is uncapped, additional damage scales at +1 per CL instead of +1 per 2 CL."

Currently a CL 27 cleric, gets an average of 7-8 damage from their Death Armor.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Cast Death Armor.
Get something to hit you.
Inspect combat log.

Expected Result:
Death Armor deals 1d4 + 27

Actual Result:
Death Armor deals 1d4 +5

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

Kenji

Re: Improved Death Armor - Death Domain

Post by Kenji » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:13 pm

Death/Undeath Domain Death Armor uncapped damage fix is in the pipeline.

Hinty

Re: Air Domain Gust of Wind

Post by Hinty » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:01 am

Hinty wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:28 am
Description
==========

When a cleric with Air domain logs out with Gust of Wind in their spell book, the slot is empty when they log back in.

Steps to reproduce

Expected result
-----------------------

Actual result
-------------------
Empty slots.

Only experienced on the Distant Shores server so far. No issue with preparing Deafening Clang.
Turns out I was wrong, it is happening with Deafening Clang, and also the early True Seeing from Animal domain. Since no one else is reporting this, it may be something to do with my build rather than the domains? Potential issue from Totem Druid/Cleric multiclass?

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:21 am

Hinty wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:01 am
Turns out I was wrong, it is happening with Deafening Clang, and also the early True Seeing from Animal domain. Since no one else is reporting this, it may be something to do with my build rather than the domains? Potential issue from Totem Druid/Cleric multiclass?
Are you playing on PC or other devices?

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:41 pm

Kenji wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:21 am
Are you playing on PC or other devices?
PC. Steam version. Totem Druid/Healer Cleric

Stop. Ninja Time

Re: Domain Overhaul Bug Report thread

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:52 pm

Class Levels (Cleric, Paladin, Blackguard, Divine Champion, Harper/Zhent Priest/Paragon): Neutral Good 27 Cleric, 3 Rogue
Cleric Domains: Earth, Animal
Steps to reproduce
Attempt to turn creatures

Expected Results
Animals, Vermin, Magical Beasts, Beasts and Elementals are neutralized or commanded.
Undead and Aberrations are destroyed or feared/stunned.

Actual Results
Quite variable, they're affected by neutralized, feared, stunned, killed and rarely commanded.

At level 17: Turn undead on Malar panther: feared or stunned
At level 18: Turn undead on Malar panther: commanded
Level 27:
Turn undead on 6 badgers. 2 are killed, 2 are neutralized, 2 are commanded.
Turn undead on 1 dire tiger: stunned or sometimes feared
Turn undead on 1 stag beetle: no effect
Turn undead on 1 huge elemental: stunned/feared
Turn undead on 1 Formorian Queen: no effect

Which server was the bug/error encountered: PGCC
What was the gaming platform for the NWN:EE client: PC

Turn Undead
With expanded functionalities of Turn Undead, if you believe some creatures are not being properly turned, please report the following:
Target Creature Name and Racial Type (Examine and check for the dark green text at the very end)
Stag Beetle: Vermin (PGCC)
Giant Spider: Vermin (PGCC)
Sword Spider: Vermin (PGCC)
Formorian Queen: Outsider (with Planar Turning) (PGCC)
Forest Spider: Vermin (Spider cave)
Crag Spider: Vermin (Spider cave)
(Interestingly, the Phase Spiders did turn correctly)
Humungous Cockroach (Goblin caves)
Ancient Giant Spider (Arelith forest)

Edit: I get no feedback when attempting to turn summoned giant spiders, the two kinds of spiders in Arelith forest or really any spider I've come across.
Last edited by Stop. Ninja Time on Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Stop. Ninja Time

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:23 pm

Class Levels (Cleric, Paladin, Blackguard, Divine Champion, Harper/Zhent Priest/Paragon): Neutral Good 27 Cleric, 3 Rogue
Cleric Domains: Earth, Animal
Steps to reproduce
Attempt to command various animals/elementals/vermin and release

Expected Results
Commanded creatures stop attacking you and wander off without attacking when removed from party

Actual Results
Sometimes works, often the commanded creature keeps attacking/being attacked, and often when it wanders off it takes 1-2 rounds where it goes bite mode.

Tested against badgers many times.

Which server was the bug/error encountered: PGCC

(Separated since they seemed liked unrelated bugs)

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:25 pm

Hinty wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:01 am
Hinty wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:28 am
Description
==========

Steps to reproduce

Expected result
-----------------------

Actual result
-------------------
Empty slots.

It gets better! Yesterday I logged out with two Gust of Wind prepared, and two True Seeing.
When I logged in today, the two Gust of Wind slots were empty. One of the True Seeing was empty, the other was still slotted. I have five fourth level spell slots. The TS in slot 3, was gone, the TS in slot 5 was still there, so it wasn't even an issue with bonus slots from equipment wisdom bonuses...

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:40 pm

Hinty wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:25 pm
It gets better! Yesterday I logged out with two Gust of Wind prepared, and two True Seeing.
When I logged in today, the two Gust of Wind slots were empty. One of the True Seeing was empty, the other was still slotted. I have five fourth level spell slots. The TS in slot 3, was gone, the TS in slot 5 was still there, so it wasn't even an issue with bonus slots from equipment wisdom bonuses...
Problem has been identified and a fix is in the pipeline. If it persists well into the week after, then bump this issue again.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 pm

Stop. Ninja Time wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:52 pm
Turn Undead
Target Creature Name and Racial Type (Examine and check for the dark green text at the very end)
Stag Beetle: Vermin
Giant Spider: Vermin
Sword Spider: Vermin
Formorian Queen: Outsider (with Planar Turning)
Not to ignore this post and more as a note to self:
Some creatures may have some form of immunity or SR that renders them immune to certain turn undead effects. I'll be sending in some feedback when turning Soon™ and maybe it can help determine whether a turn effect is working as intended or a creature has too high of an HD to be turned.

Since I'll also need to check the creature files manually to compare to the scripts, this will take a while to debug

Stop. Ninja Time

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:23 pm

Kenji wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:18 pm
Stop. Ninja Time wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:52 pm
Turn Undead
Stag Beetle: Vermin
Giant Spider: Vermin
Sword Spider: Vermin
Formorian Queen: Outsider (with Planar Turning)
Not to ignore this post and more as a note to self:
Some creatures may have some form of immunity or SR that renders them immune to certain turn undead effects. I'll be sending in some feedback when turning Soon™ and maybe it can help determine whether a turn effect is working as intended or a creature has too high of an HD to be turned.

Since I'll also need to check the creature files manually to compare to the scripts, this will take a while to debug
Awesome, once there is feedback then I'll update this with any more critters that don't seem to be turning properly, that'll be much nicer than trial and error!

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:56 pm

Kenji wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:40 pm
Hinty wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:25 pm
Problem has been identified and a fix is in the pipeline. If it persists well into the week after, then bump this issue again.
So, unsure if the fix has been applied but... assume so? Logging off no longer results in lost spells, but a server reset while logged out did result in some being lost, but not all.... Will continue to monitor this.

Edit: Never mind, just logged for an hour or so, no reset, lost all of the domain spells.. there is just no consistency in this one. :roll:

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:32 pm

Hinty wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:56 pm
So, unsure if the fix has been applied but... assume so? Logging off no longer results in lost spells, but a server reset while logged out did result in some being lost, but not all.... Will continue to monitor this.

Edit: Never mind, just logged for an hour or so, no reset, lost all of the domain spells.. there is just no consistency in this one. :roll:
Do you have any items that add bonus spell slots? Exclude the items that increase your soft casting stat bonus, but list out those item properties that are specific to providing bonus spell slots and which spell level.

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:16 am

Issue: Lvl 15 cleric with animal/ooze domain + improved turning feat and 29 charisma (buffed) , cannot turn/dominate/or otherwise do anything to the low lvl Gray Oozes of the "Wormworks, Level one" area by the slums.

Class Levels: Cleric 15
Cleric Domains: Animal/Ooze

Steps to reproduce: Step into the "Wormworks level one" area with my cleric, stand next to Gray Ooze, press turn undead and see the ability fire up but nothing happens.

Expected Results: Oozes should be dominated or at least turned/destroyed

Actual Results: No effect whatsoever.

Which server was the bug/error encountered: Underdark

Turn Undead
Target Creature
Name: Gray Ooze
Racial: Ooze

Other notes:
So far I haven't been able to affect a single Ooze with Turn undead, I thought I was too low level, or there was a spell resistance issue or something else involved, but these things have around 30 hps give or take, I think it should be working.

For comparison, I can wreck a whole spawn of driders, or turn the spiders at the Spider Nydus (except monstrosities and bosses which are higher level)

I feel equal level slimes should be stunned, higher level should be dominated to give the actual feeling of being an "Oozemaster" cleric.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:15 pm

Thanks for reporting about the oozes not being properly turned. As a note to self, it may have something to do with their CR (creature rating) or HD (hit dice) not being properly set and is beyond the scale for turning. Or their racials aren't really set to Ooze but something else.

The feedbacks for Turn Undead have been merged on live servers and should provide some details regarding the attempts at turning, if you could double-check and test again when the feedbacks are available, that'd be great. Edit your bug report posts and I will go over them again in a few days.

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:41 pm

Kenji wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:32 pm
Do you have any items that add bonus spell slots? Exclude the items that increase your soft casting stat bonus, but list out those item properties that are specific to providing bonus spell slots and which spell level.
No bonus spell slots currently. Plenty of +wis gear, but no + slot items.

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:43 pm

Out of curiosity I turned a group of 4 seagulls.

End result I got four messages. Two said that I had commanded a gull. Two said that I had made a gull "wander away" but the actual result was two commanded, two killed.

10 levels of CN Cleric. Gulls were Level 3 TN animals.

serono
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by serono » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:48 am

Cleric Healer path with Animal and Good Domains, Improved turning, GSF: Conjuration.
So far only played on Skal.

I found that turned-to-command animals would often attack my summon.
Setting the animals to "stand your ground" and a mix of playertool useage fixes them.

Steps to reproduce:
Cast a summon creature or planar spell
Have your summon agro a group of monsters with hostile animals
Cast turn undead

Expected Results:
The turned-to-command attacking remaning hostiled creatures

Actual Results:
Watch turned-to-command animals attack your summon during and after the fight (and eventually get killed by the summon)

I have seen this really from all animals I managed to command.

Hinty

Post by Hinty » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:29 pm

Yes, commanded critters do not seem to have their hostile status changed in regards to summons, and I suspect they do not change for other players either, even those in your group.

End result, you use Turn Undead, you successfully command something, which means it is probably at least half your level, your summon turns around and kills it before you have a chance to stop it, and or, a group member kills it because it is still hostile and in the middle of a fight they probably wont notice that that hostile critter is attacking the enemy.

Also, when a cleric successfully stuns an enemy (particularly animals) is it possible to have their AI strip their targets when the stun wears off? Its a bit annoying for a nature cleric to successfully stun an animal, only to have to then beat the poor defenseless thing to death because if they don't it'll just show up three transitions down the road and try to bite their face off again.

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:54 pm

Creatures that "Wander away" provide no xp or loot.

Perhaps it would be better if they were destroyed/stunned/feared?
Just a comment, it's not a bug, I'm just questioning the logic of it regarding the adventuring mechanic.