Domain Overhaul Bug Report thread

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Domain Overhaul Bug Report thread

Post by Skeletor » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:59 pm

serono wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:48 am
Cleric Healer path with Animal and Good Domains, Improved turning, GSF: Conjuration.
So far only played on Skal.

I found that turned-to-command animals would often attack my summon.
Setting the animals to "stand your ground" and a mix of playertool useage fixes them.

Steps to reproduce:
Cast a summon creature or planar spell
Have your summon agro a group of monsters with hostile animals
Cast turn undead

Expected Results:
The turned-to-command attacking remaning hostiled creatures

Actual Results:
Watch turned-to-command animals attack your summon during and after the fight (and eventually get killed by the summon)

I have seen this really from all animals I managed to command.
This.
Can't give much positive feedback for dominated creatures so far.
Mainly because:
1.- The creatures you can dominate are really low level compared to yours, not really useful in combat.
2.- It's clunky. They don't immediately attack your enemies and get into constant fights with your own summons. (This part is likely just a bug that can be fixed)
3.- I can't figure out how to kick them from the party, they don't leave when I try to get them out of it.

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:55 pm

serono wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:48 am
Watch turned-to-command animals attack your summon during and after the fight (and eventually get killed by the summon)
Hinty wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:29 pm
Yes, commanded critters do not seem to have their hostile status changed in regards to summons, and I suspect they do not change for other players either, even those in your group.

End result, you use Turn Undead, you successfully command something, which means it is probably at least half your level, your summon turns around and kills it before you have a chance to stop it, and or, a group member kills it because it is still hostile and in the middle of a fight they probably wont notice that that hostile critter is attacking the enemy.
Skeletor wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:59 pm
This.
Can't give much positive feedback for dominated creatures so far.
Mainly because:
1.- The creatures you can dominate are really low level compared to yours, not really useful in combat.
2.- It's clunky. They don't immediately attack your enemies and get into constant fights with your own summons. (This part is likely just a bug that can be fixed)
3.- I can't figure out how to kick them from the party, they don't leave when I try to get them out of it.
What you guys can do is right-click on the dominated portrait, Numpad 7, then Numpad 3 to make them leave the party. They should wander away after a few.

This problem has been around for a long while since Animal Empathy was capable of dominating/turning enemy NPCs into henchmen for both Druids and Rangers (now shamans). The unintended behavior is only exacerbated by the fact that most clerics almost always have summons and recent Turn Undead mechanics have popularized this result.
Skeletor wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:54 pm
Creatures that "Wander away" provide no xp or loot.

Perhaps it would be better if they were destroyed/stunned/feared?
Just a comment, it's not a bug, I'm just questioning the logic of it regarding the adventuring mechanic.
This would belong in the feedback thread. I had planned for both "wandered away" and "dominated turned henchmen" enemy NPCs to provide slightly more exp than the usual "destroyed" creatures. But I wanted to make sure everything is working as intended first before introducing further nuances to the Turning mechanics.
Hinty wrote:
Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:29 pm
Also, when a cleric successfully stuns an enemy (particularly animals) is it possible to have their AI strip their targets when the stun wears off? Its a bit annoying for a nature cleric to successfully stun an animal, only to have to then beat the poor defenseless thing to death because if they don't it'll just show up three transitions down the road and try to bite their face off again.
This isn't necessarily a bug pertaining to Turn Undead functionality alone. An enchanter could blind or Hold Monster an enemy NPC to the same effect and they will come chasing after the effects wear off. At this point, it's an AI thing that is beyond Turn Undead functionality.

What I can do, however, is potentially turn "Rebuked" creatures neutral to all so they'd stop aggroing you after you decide to leave it alone. However, it's possible that one might have to aggro the "Rebuked" creatures manually before the summons will attack them should one decide to kill off the stunned creatures. There's not really a perfect solution that will fit all playstyles. However, now that we have established what's intended and what isn't, you're all more than welcome to state your feedback in the relevant feedback thread here:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=34182

Last but not least, here's a gentle reminder that this is a bug report forum. Let us focus on identifying bugs and not turn it into an echo chamber as it is starting to look like it's headed that way.

Stop. Ninja Time

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:03 am

Skeletor wrote:

If you have used the player associate tool to control them then they won't leave your party until you stop controlling them. Maybe that's your issue?

-------------------
I ran into a bear today in the Skull Crags that didn't Turn with no feedback message at all. It was a black bear. I've not run into this issue with any other bears or animals. Unfortunately it died before I could see what it's type was.

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:23 am

Stop. Ninja Time wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 1:03 am
Skeletor wrote:

If you have used the player associate tool to control them then they won't leave your party until you stop controlling them. Maybe that's your issue?

-------------------
I ran into a bear today in the Skull Crags that didn't Turn with no feedback message at all. It was a black bear. I've not run into this issue with any other bears or animals. Unfortunately it died before I could see what it's type was.
Oooohhh that must be it.
I have creatures on direct control all the time, I can't stand the basic AI so I mange them like units in a strategy game :?

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:51 am

The fixes for Vermin and Oozes are in the pipeline.
More feedback for Turn Undead on both Live and PGCC servers, as well.
Let me know if it still doesn't work in a few days

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:54 am

Kenji wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:51 am
As of today, still no effect on the Ochre Jellies at the Skull Crags (Surface) with a lvl 22 cleric (Animal/ooze domain) and improved turning feat.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Sun Aug 15, 2021 12:47 am

Skeletor wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:54 am
Kenji wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:51 am
As of today, still no effect on the Ochre Jellies at the Skull Crags (Surface) with a lvl 22 cleric (Animal/ooze domain) and improved turning feat.
Server just got reset earlier, give it a try again

Also some errors regarding NPCs attempting to Turn Undead, feel free to report anything related to that.

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:13 am

Getting strange script and no effect at all when trying to turn the low lvl outsiders (I have taken planar turning, it was working fine yesterday) at the underdark "Wormworks"

The text is the following

DEBUG: Turner Turn Level before Roll: 23
DEBUG: Turner Turn Level before Roll: 23
Script NW_S2_TurnDead, OID; fffffadc, Tag: ,
ERROR: STACK UNDERFLOW
https://imgur.com/a/eqadeHz uploaded image here

The creature I attempted to turn are "Mane (Bloater)"
My cleric has Ooze/Animal Domains with improved turning, planar turning and lvl 23.

EDIT: Tried it again on the Gray Ooze at the Wormworks, same thing.
Note the "shockwave" visual effect when using turn undead isn't going off either, I think the ability's not firing and isn't doing anything now.

EDIT#2: Logged in with another cleric, lvl 3 ranger and 7 cleric (Sun/Forge domains), used turn undead at The Hub in Andunor, got the same script but it stated the Turner Turn Level before roll was 7 (his cleric level). Same thing, the visual effect didn't fire off and the ability doesn't seem to be working at all.

EDIT#3: Asked other clerics to try it, they also get an error script

EDIT#4: Tried it on the shadow plane Cities and planes server, same error. Turn undead is dead :cry:

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:21 am

Turn Undead fix is in the pipeline. Vermin and Ooze should also start to be affected by Turning with this hotfix. Give it a try again in a few.

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:39 pm

Kenji wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:21 am
Turn Undead fix is in the pipeline. Vermin and Ooze should also start to be affected by Turning with this hotfix. Give it a try again in a few.
Tried this in the Shade Assylum on CNP, turning the undead/aberrations there, the ability did not fire off, there was no script or error message this time, it simply didn't work. No visual effect either.

EDIT: Sorry for being the constant bearer of bad news!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:56 pm

It's disabled for now. Should be enabled again as Soon™ as the next round of reset.

Ash A

Post by Ash A » Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:33 pm

Just checking in about the turn undead ability. Still seems to be turned off or not working.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:06 pm

Oops, it's still currently disabled. Give it another reset or two.

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:16 pm

Animal/plant domain can no longer turn animals or aberrations.

Lvl 25 cleric with 32 charisma and improved turning + planar turning feat and animal/ooze or plant/ooze cannot turn the low level driders (Aberrations) and animals (Squigs) just outside Andunor.

I switched from Animal to plant domain, same issue, then back to animal.
On a side note, I can now correctly turn Oozes and vermin so nice!!!!!

Edit:
I tried some turning at the asylum, i can turn the undead and the imps, but not the aberrations

Edit:
Same bug against magical beasts

What the script said so far for Ooze/Animal/planar turning:

The script said the drider aberration racial integer is 7 and that the nValid number is 0,
The script said the squig animal racial integer is 8, and that the nValid number is 0
The script said the Rockeater Beetle vermin racial integer is 25, and that the nValid number is 1, and it was successfully turned (It wandered away)
The script said the Shadowmass ooze racial integer is 29, and that the nValid number is 1, and it was rebuked in awe.
The script said the shadowfiend outsider racial integer is 20, the nValid is 1 and it was rebuked in awe.
The script said the Shadow Spider magical beast racial integer is 19, and that the nValid number is 0

Aftond

Post by Aftond » Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:28 pm

Didn't recieve fire stream after changing to fire domain using token.

Class Levels: Lvl 13 cleric
Steps to reproduce: Open up -domain. Choose a domain and swap to fire. Open up -stream and it's empty. Try casting summon elemental spell, still random.
Expected Results: Fire domain spells, fire stream
Actual Results: Fire domain spells, no fire stream
Which server was the bug/error encountered: Underdark
What was the gaming platform for the NWN:EE client: Steam

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:28 pm

Aftond wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:28 pm

Steps to reproduce: Open up -domain. Choose a domain and swap to fire. Open up -stream and it's empty. Try casting summon elemental spell, still random.
You'll need to level up or relevel to get new streams, -domain swap won't change your streams right away

Aftond

Post by Aftond » Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:55 pm

Kenji wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 7:28 pm
Aftond wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:28 pm

You'll need to level up or relevel to get new streams, -domain swap won't change your streams right away
Oh, nice. Ty will try that!

Stop. Ninja Time

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:51 am

Skeletor wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:16 pm
Animal/plant domain can no longer turn animals or aberrations.

Lvl 25 cleric with 32 charisma and improved turning + planar turning feat and animal/ooze or plant/ooze cannot turn the low level driders (Aberrations) and animals (Squigs) just outside Andunor.

I switched from Animal to plant domain, same issue, then back to animal.
On a side note, I can now correctly turn Oozes and vermin so nice!!!!!

Edit:
I tried some turning at the asylum, i can turn the undead and the imps, but not the aberrations

Edit:
Same bug against magical beasts

What the script said so far for Ooze/Animal/planar turning:

The script said the drider aberration racial integer is 7 and that the nValid number is 0,
The script said the squig animal racial integer is 8, and that the nValid number is 0
The script said the Rockeater Beetle vermin racial integer is 25, and that the nValid number is 1, and it was successfully turned (It wandered away)
The script said the Shadowmass ooze racial integer is 29, and that the nValid number is 1, and it was rebuked in awe.
The script said the shadowfiend outsider racial integer is 20, the nValid is 1 and it was rebuked in awe.
The script said the Shadow Spider magical beast racial integer is 19, and that the nValid number is 0
Can confirm this bug. Turn Undead works perfectly fine on undead but with Animal domain it's not affecting animals or magical beasts.

Skeletor
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Skeletor » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:57 pm

Can confirm it's fixed now. Just turned a ton of aberrations and animals. Have to try it on the other types later.

Edit: Ty for all the work Kenji!!!!!!

Ash A

Post by Ash A » Sun Aug 22, 2021 11:17 pm

For Evil Domain the Command aspect of turn undead. None of the outsiders seem to be able to actually be able to be commanded. I have tried in game with decent cha modifer and have been testing on PGCC with maxed CHA and you seem to only be able to either fear or stun outsiders or outright kill them. I have improved turning as well. Not sure if I am building wrong or missing something.

Stop. Ninja Time

Post by Stop. Ninja Time » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:21 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Unable to use some cleric scrolls:
Cat's Grace
Elemental Swarm
Aura of Vitality
And basically any non-standard cleric spell via the new domains.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Use Scribe Scroll to make the scroll

Expected Result:
Get a scroll you can use, as a cleric

Actual Result:
Get a scroll not usable by clerics

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:19 pm

Due to engine, time, and development limitations, it'll take effort to script allowing certain scrolls to be usable by clerics with certain domain. If one can scribe said scroll, not all them can be used for clerics unless it is also in their spellbook.

In this case, Cat's Grace should be usable by clerics, but not Elemental Swarm nor Aura of Vitality. Maybe we'll (by we I mean Mord) be able to do something about this in the future, but it's not any time Soon™.

BelfDelfine

Post by BelfDelfine » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:19 pm

Undeath domain cleric not getting vampire summoning stream. War domain cleric not getting martial weapon proficiency. Sorry if these have been reported prior. These are the experiences of a friend and myself.

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:48 am

BelfDelfine wrote:
Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:19 pm
Undeath domain cleric not getting vampire summoning stream. War domain cleric not getting martial weapon proficiency. Sorry if these have been reported prior. These are the experiences of a friend and myself.
War domain clerics don't get the actual feat, which doesn't allow them to become Weapon Masters of a certain weapon that they do not have the proficiency feat for (only simple even if war domain). However war domain clerics should be able to equip martial weapons without getting the AB penalty.

Did you switch to Undeath domain via -domain command? The streams are only granted/removed every time one delevels or levels up. Vampire stream is also granted at around lvl 9 or so.