Fortress City Watch Door Keys Not Rotating

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

LasharaDyran

Fortress City Watch Door Keys Not Rotating

Post by LasharaDyran » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:50 pm

Description
==========
The Locks on the Fortress City Watch Building Interior Door are (I think) unique in their construction, and intended to change automatically every three months. They are not automatically changing as intended.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
The Watch Building in the Fortress City is unique in that there is no deed or purchase sign for it. To get a key for the Watch Building Interior Room, the High Sheriff needs to speak with the Watch Sergeant (located just inside the building near the holding cell) to get letters of recommendation. The character needing the key then gives a recommendation letter to the same NPC Sergeant and he gives them a key to the Watch Building.

Expected result
-----------------------
The locks are supposed to change by themselves every 3 months (it is not clear, but I assume this is every 3 IG months, as opposed to 3 IRL months).

Actual result
-------------------
The locks have never automatically changed. My character has has the same working key since the city opened on February 12. Every character who has ever been given a key to the Watch Building has a functional key to the City Watch building secure area still.

Notes
---------
1. Since there is no deed sign for the building, there is no way for players to change the locks manually if a Watchperson decides to turn evil. This would be preferable to having to wait 3 months to help characters respond to crimes committed by the Watch themselves.
2. My character (Chaesendra) has done a little rp about trying to get in touch with city contractors about their locksmith never reporting for his work and her efforts to have this fixed. I am happy to continue to pursue that explanation with anyone who wants to support an RP reason for the issue and the resolving of it in character.

msheeler
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fortress City Watch Door Keys Not Rotating

Post by msheeler » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:24 pm

A fix for this has been passed on and is currently waiting to be integrated into the server.

LasharaDyran

Re: Fortress City Watch Door Keys Not Rotating

Post by LasharaDyran » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:46 am

Fantastic! Thank you!