[MEGATHREAD] New Warlock Bugs

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Re: [MEGATHREAD] New Warlock Bugs

Post by Kalopsia » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:29 pm

Drowboy wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:18 pm
Kalopsia wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:52 pm
Drowboy wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:22 am
Known spells are replacing themselves with random stuff.

To reproduce:
1. set your spells
2. Relog or ???
3. Check your spells
4. Image
I need more input on this one. Warlock class code doesn't edit the spell list, so something wonky is happening here.
Feedback I have, but it makes less sense now:
Releveled to fix spells.
Between levels, at spell level 5, any spells marked as pact spells, on an infernal warlock, were replaced by dismissal.
Fixed it while leveling, tried relogging and swapping servers, and no bug.

But the previous time quoted here, it was for sure relogging that did it, because I selected my spells at level 30.
Did you by chance cancel the levelup before this happened?
I'm using certain scripted text overrides that might cause this. If so, relogging should indeed fix it (and it's just a visual bug).

Nerivant

Post by Nerivant » Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:49 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 2:51 pm
Nerivant wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:13 am
Unsure if bug or not, but you can still cast eldritch blast while in wildshape as a feylock.
EDIT: Wildshape into badger also permanently changes portrait to that of a badger, lasting through relogs.
The first part is a feature, not a bug. It's meant to represent the "twisted nature" aspect of Unseelie Fey in game.
I haven't encountered any unintended portrait changes during testing, can anyone else confirm this? Does it happen on live?
I was able to replicate it on both live and PGCC.

Step 1. Polymorph into wild shape using unseelie fey radial.

Step 2. -disguise yourself

Step 3. Unpolymorph

Step 4. Undisguise. Your portrait is now forever changed to a badger. Unsure if this is just a general bug with polymorphing. Every wildshape gives you a badger portrait after this process, for instance panther form = badger portrait in the end.
Last edited by Kalopsia on Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixing quotes

Hunter548

Post by Hunter548 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:24 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
Eldritch Blast not providing magic aspect piety gain

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
1) Select a deity with magic aspect
2) Eldritch Blast a monster

Expected Result:
Eldritch blast will cause a piety gain of 0.1%

Actual Result:
No piety gain

----------------------------

Negative damage eldritch blast as an undying pact warlock grants piety if the warlock worships a Hearth & Home deity

1) Create an undying warlock
2) Select a deity with Hearth & Home
3) Using negative damage, blast an enemy

Expected Result:
No piety gain

Actual Result:
Piety gain

Additional Information/Notes
My knee-jerk suspicion is that these two bugs are related; magic aspect deities don't grant spells when you cast other healing spells. I suspect Eldritch Blast is always being parsed as a healing spell for piety purposes, causing the erroneous piety gain/non-piety gain between the two aspects.
UilliamNebel wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:24 pm
You're right. Participating in the forums was a mistake. Won't do this again.
Anime Sword Fighter wrote: I have seen far too many miniskirt anime slave girls.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:18 am

Good Character wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:45 pm
Grabbed the template for y'all's convenience.

Code: Select all

[u]Description of Bug Experienced:[/u]
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)

[u]Steps to reproduce the Bug:[/u]

[u]Expected Result:[/u]

[u]Actual Result:[/u]

[u]Screenshot(s)[/u]
(You can either add screenshots by uploading them to imgur, or by uploading them to Discord and put the respective links between [img] img link.jpg [/img])

[u]Additional Information/Notes[/u]
Cleaned up the thread a bit- reminder to utilize the bug template. Thanks so much to all helping keep reports orderly!

Done.

Rico_scorpion

Post by Rico_scorpion » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:58 am

Abyssal warlock surge DCs are equal to 1

Get an abyssal warlock on pgcc
make him spam
look at console when a surge happens

Expected Result:
Anything but 1

Actual Result:
DC 1

kinginyellow

Post by kinginyellow » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:51 am

Greater Star Pact Warlock not getting haste refreshes on live server.

Steps to Reproduce the Bug:
Level a warlock to 10
Have Haste from a level previous to 10, then take Greater Star Pact
Cast Haste

Expected Result:

Like in PGCC, a message saying your patron won't refresh your haste uses for another 3 minutes

Actual result:

No message, haste doesn't refresh.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:40 am

kinginyellow wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:51 am

Greater Star Pact Warlock not getting haste refreshes on live server.

Level a warlock to 10
Have Haste from a level previous to 10, then take Greater Star Pact
Cast Haste

Expected Result:

Like in PGCC, a message saying your patron won't refresh your haste uses for another 3 minutes

Actual result:

No message, haste doesn't refresh.
Working as intended, check the update thread :)

kinginyellow

Post by kinginyellow » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:44 am

Kalopsia wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:40 am
Wasn't clear. So the change to the epic fey pact also applies to Star Pact, and the replenishment now only happens if -someone else- was hasted.

Got it.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:12 am

kinginyellow wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:44 am
Kalopsia wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:40 am
Wasn't clear. So the change to the epic fey pact also applies to Star Pact, and the replenishment now only happens if -someone else- was hasted.

Got it.
Oh. I've just realized I forgot to list that part of the update. Sorry about that!
Star pact now gets Eyebite instead of Haste. No cooldown.

kinginyellow

Post by kinginyellow » Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:42 pm

Not really a bug, more like unintended behavior. Posting it here anyway after having mentioned it in the warlock feedback thread.

Description of Bug Encountered:

Quicken Spell interaction with Hideous Blow not properly allowing for 2 blows per round. Even with an action queue set up, if multiple attackers are present, dodging animations might delay your attack animation beyond the duration of the "haste" provided by quicken spell, and subsequently force you to only do full round action hideous blows until the first time you manage to get a quickened one in.

Even then, animations in combat might delay you past the window of doing another quickened blow, and put you back in a loop of hoping you manage to get a quickened blow in.

Have Hideous Blow and quicken spell on a warlock.
Fight large mobs of enemies, preferably with multiple attacks per round. Have managed to consistently proc this on a level 10 warlock fighting stingers on the live server.

Expected Result:

After the first full round action hideous blow, every other hideous blow should be "quickened" and two should go off every round.

Actual result:

Animations in combat might push your action to after the duration of the haste given by the quicken spell interaction of Hideous Blow, and you are stuck doing full round action blows, rather than 2 per round, as intended.

Vuori56

Post by Vuori56 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:16 am

Touch attack reduced by -8, to +0.

Not sure exactly. I suspect it occurred when I was hit by a Hold Person.

Expected Result:
I have a 20 DEX. As a level 4 warlock I have a +3 BAB.

Actual Result:
+0 to Eldritch Blast Touch AB.

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes\
This doesn't just affect my Eldritch Blast. It was also affecting Scorching Ray. I don't have a screenshot of the Scorching Ray combat logs as I tried to relog to fix the issue. Neither relogging, -pray nor death itself fixed the issue. I'll provide updates to this issue as I find them.

EDIT: It seems to have fixed itself now. I don't know what all this was about.

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:25 am

Were you using a weapon you weren't proficient with, by any chance?

The AB penalty for using non-proficient weapons applies to ranged touch attacks, I have to remind my little lock to unequip his gem hammer before blasting 🙂

Skane

Post by Skane » Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:49 pm

Cast Dark Undertow on party member, the spell-resistance effect appeared on them and it did not succeed; party member does not actually have SR, nor FoM or Respite.

Cast Dark Undertow on party member.

Expected Result:
Dragged to you with no touch attack.

Actual Result:
Spell Resistance effect appears on target, they do not move.

Screenshot(s)
Gods can we just remove magic already?

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:12 pm

Vuori56 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:16 am
Touch attack reduced by -8, to +0.

Not sure exactly. I suspect it occurred when I was hit by a Hold Person.

Expected Result:
I have a 20 DEX. As a level 4 warlock I have a +3 BAB.

Actual Result:
+0 to Eldritch Blast Touch AB.

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes\
This doesn't just affect my Eldritch Blast. It was also affecting Scorching Ray. I don't have a screenshot of the Scorching Ray combat logs as I tried to relog to fix the issue. Neither relogging, -pray nor death itself fixed the issue. I'll provide updates to this issue as I find them.

EDIT: It seems to have fixed itself now. I don't know what all this was about.
You always get +0 when attacking inanimate objects like doors. Try hitting a monster instead.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:58 pm

kinginyellow wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:42 pm
Not really a bug, more like unintended behavior. Posting it here anyway after having mentioned it in the warlock feedback thread.

Description of Bug Encountered:

Quicken Spell interaction with Hideous Blow not properly allowing for 2 blows per round. Even with an action queue set up, if multiple attackers are present, dodging animations might delay your attack animation beyond the duration of the "haste" provided by quicken spell, and subsequently force you to only do full round action hideous blows until the first time you manage to get a quickened one in.

Even then, animations in combat might delay you past the window of doing another quickened blow, and put you back in a loop of hoping you manage to get a quickened blow in.

Have Hideous Blow and quicken spell on a warlock.
Fight large mobs of enemies, preferably with multiple attacks per round. Have managed to consistently proc this on a level 10 warlock fighting stingers on the live server.

Expected Result:

After the first full round action hideous blow, every other hideous blow should be "quickened" and two should go off every round.

Actual result:

Animations in combat might push your action to after the duration of the haste given by the quicken spell interaction of Hideous Blow, and you are stuck doing full round action blows, rather than 2 per round, as intended.
I'm increasing the haste duration in an update that will arrive fairly soon. If you notice any issues afterwards, let me know! :)

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:24 pm

Troll Chieftains becomes mysteriously immune to Greater Eldritch Doom.

Summon in the PGCC arena a large number of troll chieftains, wait a little for them to buff and trigger their auras and stuff like that. After a while, although this is not 100% consistent, so please try a few times, they will become immune to Eldritch Doom, but hey remains vulnerable to Eldritch Blast.

Breaching and Dispelling them restores vulnerability only occasionally. I tried to identify what causes them to acquire immunity, but it was not anything I could cast. In one case they managed to extend this immunity also to a boar they summoned.

No message is shown about how they resist it, just no damage appears on them. In one case I noticed that after targeting the troll, the blast was showing its graphic effect much further away, and in that case I was able to affect the troll by targeting it to the ground nearby.

Expected Result:
Troll Chieftains are vulnerable to Greater Eldritch Doom.

Actual Result:
Sometimes, the PGCC troll chieftains become immune to Greater Eldritch Doom, without any clear (rhyme or) reason for them to be. They remain perfectly vulnerable to Eldritch Blast.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:42 pm

Fathomless Warlock Drown damage does not seem to trigger with Greater Eldritch Doom, even if the saving throw is made.

Just summon a large number of creatures of various types in the PGCC Arena, and notice how the damage remains absolutely similar, without any spike, regardless if the creature passes the save, fails it or is immune to drown (like constructs, undead, etc.).

Expected Result:
The creatures that fail the save should have a minor spike of damage. That said, the hp of the creatures is not very high, so such a spike is not very easy to appreciate, but on a creature with full hp failing the save it seems strange that the number is so similar to that of other victims. It might be observation bias, but maybe looking into this would not hurt IMHO.

Actual Result:
No difference in damage can be appreciated. Only the save is made, and in the case of creatures vulnerable to drown the secondary damage is applied.

Screenshot

One of the many tests.

What seems weird to me is that the save is triggered, but there is no effect for it. Which begs the question why the save is made in the first place, when just the guaranteed damage could be applied.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:48 pm

Itikar wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:24 pm
Troll Chieftains becomes mysteriously immune to Greater Eldritch Doom.

Summon in the PGCC arena a large number of troll chieftains, wait a little for them to buff and trigger their auras and stuff like that. After a while, although this is not 100% consistent, so please try a few times, they will become immune to Eldritch Doom, but hey remains vulnerable to Eldritch Blast.

Breaching and Dispelling them restores vulnerability only occasionally. I tried to identify what causes them to acquire immunity, but it was not anything I could cast. In one case they managed to extend this immunity also to a boar they summoned.

No message is shown about how they resist it, just no damage appears on them. In one case I noticed that after targeting the troll, the blast was showing its graphic effect much further away, and in that case I was able to affect the troll by targeting it to the ground nearby.

Expected Result:
Troll Chieftains are vulnerable to Greater Eldritch Doom.

Actual Result:
Sometimes, the PGCC troll chieftains become immune to Greater Eldritch Doom, without any clear (rhyme or) reason for them to be. They remain perfectly vulnerable to Eldritch Blast.
Sounds like NWN's current AoE targeting issue. I've noticed similar inconsistencies in the PGCC arena, and now just with Eldritch Doom, but also other AoE spells :)

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:51 pm

Itikar wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:42 pm
Fathomless Warlock Drown damage does not seem to trigger with Greater Eldritch Doom, even if the saving throw is made.

Just summon a large number of creatures of various types in the PGCC Arena, and notice how the damage remains absolutely similar, without any spike, regardless if the creature passes the save, fails it or is immune to drown (like constructs, undead, etc.).

Expected Result:
The creatures that fail the save should have a minor spike of damage. That said, the hp of the creatures is not very high, so such a spike is not very easy to appreciate, but on a creature with full hp failing the save it seems strange that the number is so similar to that of other victims. It might be observation bias, but maybe looking into this would not hurt IMHO.

Actual Result:
No difference in damage can be appreciated. Only the save is made, and in the case of creatures vulnerable to drown the secondary damage is applied.

Screenshot

One of the many tests.

What seems weird to me is that the save is triggered, but there is no effect for it. Which begs the question why the save is made in the first place, when just the guaranteed damage could be applied.
My current guess is that because Ettin are so squishy, they die before the drown damage applies. Summons with more HP would likely be better to test this.

Itikar

Post by Itikar » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:20 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:51 pm
My current guess is that because Ettin are so squishy, they die before the drown damage applies. Summons with more HP would likely be better to test this.
After not a few attempts to make a dragon fail the save I got this:

Which shows the double damage. So, yes, it seems to be working as intended.

First the Doom damage applies, then the creature fails the save and gets the drown damage, decreased by dr, and finally the extra damage, again canceled completely by its dr.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:04 pm

Itikar wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:20 pm
Kalopsia wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:51 pm
After not a few attempts to make a dragon fail the save I got this:

Which shows the double damage. So, yes, it seems to be working as intended.

First the Doom damage applies, then the creature fails the save and gets the drown damage, decreased by dr, and finally the extra damage, again canceled completely by its dr.
Great to hear. Thanks for confirming this! :)

Nevrus
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Nevrus » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:08 am

I've noticed on my level 3 Warlock that my eldritch blast seems to still be doing 1d6 damage. It might be coded to increase damage on even levels, which seems to not align with intent.
Ganus- Riding the Isle (Active)
Aura Bigstep - Got Out Ahead (Retired)
Egos Ironhide - Shelved
Consult a medical professional before believing anything Nevrus says.

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:30 am

you get EB at 2 and you get a d6 every 2 levels
Intelligence is too important

NicholasDeLeone

Post by NicholasDeLeone » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:59 am

Fathomless warlock does not summon water elementals despite being water stream.

Take Fathomless Warlock pact at level 1
Take Eldritch summoning at level 5

Expected Result:
1st tier would summon a small water elemental

Actual Result:
Character summons a Mane.

NicholasDeLeone

Post by NicholasDeLeone » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:07 am

Hideous Laughter DC bugged, lower than should be.

Be hag warlock, base 18 wisdom 25 after buffed. Cast Hideous Laughter on target.

Expected Result:
Spell save DC 19 (10+2(Level)+7)

Actual Result:
Spell save DC 16