Abadoned Writs Won't Appear Again

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Talvenlapsi

Abadoned Writs Won't Appear Again

Post by Talvenlapsi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:39 pm

Description
==========
With the new "writs can only be done once" update came a bug - if you take writ, and abadon it, you cannot take it again.
Lost me two writs when I tried to sync mine with another player, by abadoning what I took prior (That I have never completed before!) and taking writs to go with them. After completing new writs, I was not able to take the old ones back. (Not reached my limit for the day, was able to take other writs..)

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
-> Take writ
-> Abadon it

Expected result
-----------------------
-> Be able to re-take it later

Actual result
-------------------
-> System counts it as completed and won't let you re-take it

Screenshot(s)
--------------------
Can take if needed from the writ list before and after taking and abadoning something tomorrow.
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

Duchess Says

Re: Abadoned Writs Won't Appear Again

Post by Duchess Says » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:20 pm

Curious on this as I experienced it too and it seems to include writs abandoned before they were made non-repeatable. Not a big deal on a surface character but a very regrettable mistake on my underdarker who doesn't have as many writ options.

If it's something we have to live with that's understandable but if that is the case maybe there should be an announcement not to abandon writs if you still intend to do them later so we have fair warning.