New Gods & Tweaks Bugs (The Thread!)

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Dukica1

Re: New Gods & Tweaks Bugs (The Thread!)

Post by Dukica1 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:16 pm

I honestly really urge you to reconsider your stance on the kobold draconic restrictions. There had been literal years of constant quality roleplay for kobolds and of whom there had been many Kurtulmak worshiping kobolds AND Draconic worshiping kobolds. Asgorath (and other Draconics) worship was the cornerstone of the Dustwrought tribe and the Shadowclaw tribe, one of the biggest groupings of kobold players on Arelith. The sources themselves say that it's relatively acceptable and I do understand that Arelith aka. ingame canon doesn't have to be official or acceptable, but this is really a situation where it would be heavily stifling for no specific reason.

Kalthariam

Post by Kalthariam » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:29 pm

Yensent wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:08 pm

Let me try and steel-man Red Rope's argument...

While Asgorath is a valid worship option, he is not an active power who grants divine power to his followers. The gods who are active and adapted among the Dragon Gods are. Like Tiamat. It is valid to believe in the Dragon gods and their powers...but we do not get divine power from Asgorath. We may have included him in our culture and our kobold religion, but he is just not supplying or replying(which in Red Rope's defense the wiki says he listens to all prayers, but answers none).

All in all, it makes me sad to have to swap to Tiamat, but I'm trying to adapt this into an opportunity for us kobolds to become a bit more polytheistic in our worship and teachings.
I'll roll my kobold before they ever become a follower of Tiamat.

As it stands with this change there are no valid deities that make sense for true neutral kobold clerics.

Part of this just feels wrong that I'd have to forcibly shift my clerics alignment and change what deity their powers come from, just out of the blue.

And it's not like Kobold faith wasn't diverse. It's not like Asgorath had some sort of unhealthy or unreasonably hold over Kobold culture, infact the biggest kobold tribe in the UD has no set preferred religeon, and openly allows whorship of many deities in their warren as long as said worship does not negatively impact the tribe.

If anything this won't diversify religious options but stagnate it and narrow the focus down more on two deities (Kurtlmak or Tiamat) because anything else is either removed from being actually a valid faith, or considered taboo in the UD.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:27 pm

Drowboy wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:36 pm
Do LE Drow with BG levels need gift of devotion to take Freth Faith? If no, there's something up.
It was just what I thought. I fixed it. Will compile that in soon.

---

As to the ongoing kobold discussion and so forth. I did not arbitrarily change this and did explain above why it changed. Worship does not equate clerical empowerment. Furthermore there are racial pantheons on top of the various other enabling deities within the Faerunian pantheon at large.

I have sympathy that the change can cause some discomfort for existing people but it can be adapted around and I'd never see it as the end of my character unless I was ready to end it.

On to kobolds powers; we have two of them. In the next update I am going to add a 3rd, more obscure one, by the name of Dakarnok who was largely forgotten for 3e material. He is /was/ of the numerous quasi-deities and non-deific powers kobolds may invoke but he rose to demi-godhood.

He is the embodiment of kobold raiders and warriors and due to his role as a sort of war-god he actually peeves off Kurtulmak as he feels he encroaches. Unlike the more passive, cunning Gaknulak, he's more about the fighty-smashy.

I won't be removing the dragon restriction from dragon gods or incorporating kobolds into it broadly. Any kobold divine class-haver who has 10 or more RDD can get by the restriction (or any race, mind you) to fit with the esoteric themes of that class. Dragons are special and their gods will remain unique/exclusive in how you will interact with them.

Anyone who will take in the future GoD will have access. Again - I am sorry for the inconvenience to the existing folks but there are definitely easy workarounds for the brain and most of them fitting. The book, Races of the Dragon (3e, 2006) is not precisely a Realms book and even in the tome on the category about kobolds it details their religion blurb around Kurtulmak.

You'll have the ability to worship mechanically:
Kurtulmak
Gaknulak
Dakarnok (NEW)

For evil kobolds or more pragmatic these definitely are "proper".

For more abstract and just as viable non-restrictive you have Set (who is a god who has the worship of many reptilianoids and younger dragons), Sobek/Sebek, Tiamat who is obviously a favorite, Mammon has quite a bit of kobold influence, and more chaotic oriented kobolds would have access to Ramenos. Various "monster" restricted powers almost all mentioned kobolds by name when I was looking into this.

For the more good leaning there is Bahamut.

Then the whole of the Faerunian pantheon who are worshiped by various peoples everywhere even if the majority of their followers are humans of that region. (Of which there are several Enlightened Centrist type powers like Oghma who might be suitable for whoever the TN kobold player is.)

This is ignoring the whole idea that kobolds exist in Zakhara and worship the enlightened faiths there and in Maztica some of Zaltec's followers got converted into kobolds (and other monsters).

---

While I am in there (In Private Messages) let me know if you guys think there are any monstrous or forgotten powers that might be neat to add to the book. Even if they won't be first choice for some races they might be nice to include in dungeons (like if there are gods you've seen shrines for in dungeons that we don't ahve, let me know).
🀑

CptnCandyass

Post by CptnCandyass » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:38 pm

Yensent wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:08 pm
Kalthariam wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:39 am
I really feel the need to request it be reconsidered that Kobolds cannot directly worship Asgorath, and in some extension, draconic dieties in general.

The only reason that Kurtlemak is a god, is because Asgorath.

Asgorath is the power that brought Kurtlemak from being just a hero-king to the kobolds to an actual diety, and was the only god that reached out after the machinations of Glittergold ruined the kobold empire, and gave Kurtlemak the chance to ascend to protect his kind.

Generally many kobolds would likely worship kurtlmak directly, sure, but there's plenty of reasons for a kobold to also decide to whorship the power that rose kobolds up out of one of their darkest hours as well.

And having a kobold I play that does indeed practice and promote the whorship of the nine-fold amoung their kin, it just feels like a weird change.
CptnCandyass wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:56 am
Red Ropes wrote: ↑
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:47 pm
The races issue was figured out and a fix is in the pipeline for it by the next or next next reset.

-----

You are not being annoying however, it comes down to this, Asgorath does indeed have worshippers who are reptilian but his stance as a god of wide worship in the Realms (Races of the Dragon which is referenced on the wiki is a catch all kitchen sink resource, not quite core to the setting of Forgotten Realms) - is disputable.

The Draconic Pantheon, realmswise, is something withering and "other". It is very unlikely you'll find anyone revering them let alone being a priest besides the ones who have adapted (Tiamat, Bahamut).
I'm currently trying to wrap my head around the idea of why Kobolds can't worship Asgorath anymore, as the reasoning seems to be a bit contradictory.

Mainly this bit here:
...it comes down to this, Asgorath does indeed have worshippers who are reptilian but his stance as a god of wide worship in the Realms... ...is disputable.
The Draconic Pantheon, realmswise, is something withering and "other". It is very unlikely you'll find anyone revering them let alone being a priest besides the ones who have adapted (Tiamat, Bahamut).
Is there a purpose behind this? If there are Kobold characters who directly worship and receive their divine spells from Asgorath, make complete sense in-character AND in-world, then why would it be removed as an option? There ARE reptilians that worship him as a God, so whether that worship is wide or slim shouldn't be a factor in my opinion, It's a fact that some worship Asgorath, even if rare.

As the previous commenter said, there are instances of there being Kobold clerics, which should be more than enough reason to include the possibility of there being a Kobold Cleric of Asgorath on Arelith. Even if Kobold Clerics weren't a specific "thing", isn't the point of DnD to be opened minded about the world you're in, as long as it makes sense?

To pull from a direct 3.5e source, we have the 3.5e Sourcebook "Races of Dragon", which mentions on page 49 under "Religion":

"...but individual tribes and kobolds
might venerate another dragon deity. See Dragon Deities,
beginning on page 149, for more on draconic divinities."

...and on that page, it lists Io, also known as Asgorath.

I guess I'm not seeing the clearly drawn line between Kobolds and Asgorath that you are seeing, and I want to understand. From my point of view, no matter where you read about Kobolds, you see Asgorath/Io listed. It makes as much sense to create a Kobold that worships Asgorath directly as it does to make one that worships ones like Gaknulak or Kuraulyek (if those two are even in Arelith atm, I haven't looked through the entire deity list as of yet), and they are hardly even deities due to them being Demigods in 2e, but they are directly worshiped by Kobolds none-the-less.

If you could please explain in better detail, I'm really curious as to the reasoning of Asgorath's removal.
Let me try and steel-man Red Rope's argument...

While Asgorath is a valid worship option, he is not an active power who grants divine power to his followers. The gods who are active and adapted among the Dragon Gods are. Like Tiamat. It is valid to believe in the Dragon gods and their powers...but we do not get divine power from Asgorath. We may have included him in our culture and our kobold religion, but he is just not supplying or replying(which in Red Rope's defense the wiki says he listens to all prayers, but answers none).

All in all, it makes me sad to have to swap to Tiamat, but I'm trying to adapt this into an opportunity for us kobolds to become a bit more polytheistic in our worship and teachings.
I really dont mean to be rude, but your explanation feels more like a regurgitation of what Red has already said. My response to it is still the same; There are still Kobold clerics dedicated to Asgorath, and it is factual. Even if that wasnt the case, what is the arguement for Dragons receiving divine power from Asgorath? Wouldnt they be in the same position as Kobolds since Asgorath doesnt listen to or answer any prayers, even from Dragons? Yet, Dragons are permitted to choose Asgorath as a primary deity.

On top of this, in DnD, there are MANY situations where a cleric doesnt even need a specific deity to gain their divine spells. Its all up to DM interpretation and the world that they have built. There is also nothing in stone saying that a deity MUST answer prayers in order for a Cleric to gain their divine spells/power, only that they must have a strong conviction and belief.

Itd be a much better arguement if we were talking about Favored Soul, as Asgorath has never CHOSEN someone (if were following strict DnD, that is, which afaik Arelith has stated that we are not following strict DnD 3.5e, so a Favored Soul of Io should be entirely possible as long as the FS is there strictly to push Io's agenda) so a Favored Soul wouldnt qualify, but thats a whole new topic, really.
move sailing functions to Skal, then delete cordor & planes

Kalthariam

Post by Kalthariam » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:09 pm

I am saddened by this change, but no matter I suppose. Ill just return to what I was doing before and disregard the system and just RP things in-game.

Thank you for reading and responding to feedback, i still disagree, but what is done is done.

CptnCandyass

Post by CptnCandyass » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:16 pm

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:27 pm

On to kobolds powers; we have two of them. In the next update I am going to add a 3rd, more obscure one, by the name of Dakarnok who was largely forgotten for 3e material. He is /was/ of the numerous quasi-deities and non-deific powers kobolds may invoke but he rose to demi-godhood.

I won't be removing the dragon restriction from dragon gods or incorporating kobolds into it broadly. Any kobold divine class-haver who has 10 or more RDD can get by the restriction (or any race, mind you) to fit with the esoteric themes of that class. Dragons are special and their gods will remain unique/exclusive in how you will interact with them.

"...The book, Races of the Dragon (3e, 2006) is not precisely a Realms book and even in the tome on the category about kobolds it details their religion blurb around Kurtulmak."

You'll have the ability to worship mechanically:
Kurtulmak
Gaknulak
Dakarnok (NEW)
This is making less and less sense as it goes on. You're correct in saying that its not a Realms book, but it coincides with everything Kobold related in the Realms, including the part where they worship Asgorath directly, as well as the others being removed. It makes even less sense to dismiss it because it isn't a part of the realms, yet we are gaining Dakarnok, who isn't Realms in any way whatsoever.

Why is the dragon race able to receive divine spells/power from Asgorath, but other reptilians are excluded unless they're RDD? RDD doesnt suddenly make them a Dragon, it just means they, through a Roleplay scenario, discover that they have a Draconic heritage and they embrace it. Kobolds, by Realms lore, have Draconic ancestors inherently from birth. The ones who have a stronger connection to that heritage are Dragonwrought Kobolds, which further pushes the topic on why it should still be allowed.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:34 pm

RDD does racially change the creature to half-dragon. Kobolds in FR do not recieve spells from dragon deities.

CptnCandyass

Post by CptnCandyass » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:54 pm

Ork wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:34 pm
RDD does racially change the creature to half-dragon. Kobolds in FR do not recieve spells from dragon deities.
Set is a giant Serpent.

Sebek is a giant crocodile.

Mammon is worshiped by EVIL DRAGONS. Specifically. Who else is apparently only worshipped by Dragons? Asgorath. There are others that worship Mammon, of course, but 'evil dragons' sticks out for this thread.

What do all 3 have in common? None of them are seemingly worshipped directly by kobolds, not even by "reptilians" in general, but they are being included in the list of Deities Kobolds can worship. It's possible for Kobolds to draw clerical power from snake-related deities, that they dont worship, but drawing from a Dragon that they do worship, proven in Realms lore, isn't possible? How so? What dictates that?

Kalthariam

Post by Kalthariam » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:09 pm

Quick question:

Bahamut and Tiamat are acceptable kobold dieties, but what about those adjacent to them?

The hoard mistress Astilabor? The godess of mercy and healing Tamara? Null / chronepsis?

These are prominent draconic gods but you stated only bahamut and tiamat qualify?

Is this just because these two are more recognisable and common? Or is there specific reasons why bahamut and tiamat are specficly different from all other dragon gods?

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:44 pm

CptnCandyass wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:54 pm
Ork wrote: ↑
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:34 pm
Set is a giant Serpent.

Sebek is a giant crocodile.

Mammon is worshiped by EVIL DRAGONS. Specifically. Who else is apparently only worshipped by Dragons? Asgorath. There are others that worship Mammon, of course, but 'evil dragons' sticks out for this thread.

What do all 3 have in common? None of them are seemingly worshipped directly by kobolds, not even by "reptilians" in general, but they are being included in the list of Deities Kobolds can worship. It's possible for Kobolds to draw clerical power from snake-related deities, that they dont worship, but drawing from a Dragon that they do worship, proven in Realms lore, isn't possible? How so? What dictates that?
This is an easy answer. While Set and Sebek allow reptilian clerics, dragon gods do not.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:50 pm

Bahamut and Tiamat have graduated from Draconic Pantheon, among dragons.

Bahamut (who first became known among Men as Marduk in the Realms) had always sort of had influence over Men. His Ptarian code as Xymor (his dragon pantheon/ancient name) taught Men and other races the concept of chivalry and allegedly led to civilization/honor forming in a lot of places.

Tiamat is similar... just evil - and like many evil gods is willing to give things over to get her own power from her devotees.

Both are sort of on the edges of the Dragon Pantheon because of this because they're becoming less "dragon gods" and more gods that many people worship / invoke.

Dragons, in general, just don't really become clerics and the like usually. The gods themselves serve as icons of concepts/ideas/portfolios - other races do similar things with their deities.

There are many powers in the Realms who are deities, who have worshipers but don't traditionally have priesthoods. The Draconic gods are so "iconic" that their worship sustains them because they are THOSE VERY THINGS to the very specific race they pertain to.

Bahamut / Tiamat were kind of pipsqueaks compared to the others and probably wanted to do more / have more power (in Tiamat)'s case and diversified. Bahamut and Tiamat are sort of Yin and Yang with each other, eternal foes, oppositions. Justice versus Tyranny, yadda yadda.

Even among humanoids/monsters, who may invoke or honor some of the dragon gods its just unlikely they are organized in any typical sense. This is largely why I am maintaining them this way - why you need Gift of Devotion to do it and making it "fair" across the board with a cheeky little thing to enable the rare Dragon Disciple actually doing the weird, esoteric quasi-religious thing it does in PnP.

the tl;dr of it is

Bahamut and Tiamat went mainstream.

Dragon god worship is uncommon and weird.

hipsters versus sellouts, etc
🀑

Kalthariam

Post by Kalthariam » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:31 pm

I see,

Well this completely cripples my kobold cleric to a rather heavy degree.

Domain changes, future deletion of the healer path, and now forced shifting of worship makes it really difficult to feel natural or set in on the character anymore.

Not even sure it would remotely be the same character, but we'll see what comes in the future.

Disappointing overall, but I made my appeal, and that's all there is to it.

Thank you for your time.

P.S.

I'd also like to point out, for the purposes of being a cleric for a particular dragon god, being a level 10 RDD is basically impossible. Because Clerics cannot qualify, without taking 3 levels in bard or sorcerer, to be an RDD

So effectively the only way to be a cleric of a draconic pantheon god is:

To be a dragon - which you cannot make.
be a non-cleric class, which kinda defeats the whole purpose. (because I cannot think of anyone who would seriously play a 17 cleric 3 bard(or sorc) 10 RDD.)
Take a gift at character creation (Which isn't available to existing characters, unless you want to literally abandon everything you have and forcibly relevel your entire character and remake it)
Or later on potentially get a feat, in the future, at some point.

And while I know I've stated this before, I just cannot fully express my frustrations in regards to this change after having personally advocated for a wider range of draconic pantheon members to be added to give more diversity for roleplay, and now post change it just feels almost pointless.

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:30 pm

I think it would be helpful to read more about the draconic patrons you're eager to follow. While I'm no lore-savant like Red Ropes, I know that the dragon deities have always been aloof and distant to all worshipers, even dragons.

In the end, this change helps the setting by conforming clerics to worship gods that would actually grant them spells. Because we're not tabletop, there's no DM oversight beyond mechanical enforcement that can maintain setting integrity.

I think this change, while frustrating, can be roleplayed as the dragon deities simply turning a blind eye to their followers on Arelith. Could even roleplay it as Kurtulmak granting spells despite the kobold venerating another deity.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:35 pm

Also remaking a character is pretty easy these days. The writ changes, RPB bonuses, all of them enable remaking in easier ways. No more 30 years to 30 for those who don't like to grind.

Which is not me advocating: "just remake bro", but like there's options there and it wouldn't be horrible. You can also build along the lines of current cleric.
🀑

dasdiddlydas

Post by dasdiddlydas » Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:27 pm

Character is still unable to choose a god a bit after the update.
Character also has GoD and is a half-orc, but is unable to pick a deity from any of the pantheons.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 pm

dasdiddlydas wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:27 pm
Character also has GoD and is a half-orc, but is unable to pick a deity from any of the pantheons.
I'll need some more details.

Alignment, Class total and makeup, and what deity you were following / what you're trying to follow.

Feel free to PM.
🀑

dasdiddlydas

Post by dasdiddlydas » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:06 pm

Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 pm
dasdiddlydas wrote: ↑
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:27 pm
I'll need some more details.

Alignment, Class total and makeup, and what deity you were following / what you're trying to follow.

Feel free to PM.
PM'd.

Kalthariam

Post by Kalthariam » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:24 pm

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:35 pm
Also remaking a character is pretty easy these days. The writ changes, RPB bonuses, all of them enable remaking in easier ways. No more 30 years to 30 for those who don't like to grind.

Which is not me advocating: "just remake bro", but like there's options there and it wouldn't be horrible. You can also build along the lines of current cleric.
This characters already had to be completely releveled from scratch twice before.

Further, I don't feel like abandoning quite a lot of expensive gear (Which I will never be able to touch again due to anti-muling scripts, which also Include old drustwrought relics my character collects and cannot be replaced), and all my wealth I've accumulated to go through the grind again. Not to mention the headache it would be for my faction to have to replace everything in our industry room with new bags (Again due to the anti-muling script) just so my new remade character could interact with said items, and continue their industry. We've been through that before, it was not fun.

I'll probably just completely bench the character or figure out something else to do entirely, because as it stands now, there is no deity any longer that makes IC sense for the character, that is valid by the system (Despite having two before). And now the character is now completely stonewalled by this change and cannot function normally, without undergoing an extremely uncharacteristic change, and massively compromising on how I wish to RP said character. (Which mind you, was never an issue before now, and broke no rules of the server) for the sake of satisfying some odd concept of canon, while non-canon gods are added to the list in the same breathe.

I really do not even understand why draconic deities having worship is such a problem, I highly doubt it's that large of a demographic enough to cause issues to feel the need to "Fix" it. The only groups I ever saw that seemed to worship dragons as a whole are again, Kobolds, (because Dragon worship is completely canon and makes sense for them), dragons, and a bunch of various RDD's. Which all of which make perfect sense to be worshipping draconic deities. I simply just do not understand the reasoning behind just kicking kobolds out of the club, despite their lore and connection to dragons.

I don't think I can effectively express my absolute disappointment, and the cascading amount of frustrations this seemingly random change has caused. However, again I have simply made my case, and it seems I'm just being directed to either wait an unspecified time for a feat that may, or may not come in the future, or forcibly rebuild my entire character (Abandoning everything) to take a gift that made zero sense originally to take on a cleric.

And I'm sorry, my dragon priestess kobold, is not going to worship a human/elf/other race god. That makes zero sense. Especially with the race's built in Xenophobia, which I do RP despite not being an evil Kobold.

If my character can barely stand to deal with non-draconic races to begin with, it makes zero sense for them to suddenly start worshipping their gods, or even remotely viewing their gods as valid. My dragon priestess cares about dragonkin, which she views Kobolds to be a part of, because canonically they are, and that's all she cares about. Set and Sobek are not Dragon Gods, Mammon is not a dragon, none of these characters suggested remotely fill the void, nor are good stand ins.
Last edited by Kalthariam on Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:24 am

Are the cleric alignment restrictions supposed to be affecting non-clerics now? I'm unable to select my old deity and nothing has changed about the restrictions.
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

Farlius

Post by Farlius » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:26 am

Do you have gift of devotion?

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:15 am

BronxFury wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:24 am
Are the cleric alignment restrictions supposed to be affecting non-clerics now? I'm unable to select my old deity and nothing has changed about the restrictions.
Divine classes and GoD do follow the the alignment hops. Send me a PM of your alignment and your deity.

(As well as race or class)
🀑

BronxFury

Post by BronxFury » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:26 am

Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:15 am
BronxFury wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:24 am
Divine classes and GoD do follow the the alignment hops. Send me a PM of your alignment and your deity.

(As well as race or class)
Farlius wrote: ↑
Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:26 am
Do you have gift of devotion?

Yes. This was the issue. She is Gift of Devotion. I'm working on a fix right now. Thank you. <3
Current: Myzzrin Brightburst (Young, Fun and Full of Hugs)

Former: Granny Stabbums (Just a Sweet Ol' Granny...)

TheSandiestcomet

Post by TheSandiestcomet » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am

Hi, I have gift of devotion on an Elf and am unable to worship any of the Dark Seldarine. Any idea why? I can attune to them just fine, but not actually select them in the menu. Lolth [and some of the other Dark Seldarine] include Elven worshippers - Depraved, fallen ones, but still elves. Hell, I can't even pick Eilistraee.

Edit: I think I have discovered the issue. I am restricted to one-step alignment deities, despite not being a divine caster. I'm a ranger, but by arelith's definition, that isn't a divine caster.
Elinoa - Surface

ltlukoziuz

Post by ltlukoziuz » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:35 am

TheSandiestcomet wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am
Hi, I have gift of devotion on an Elf and am unable to worship any of the Dark Seldarine. Any idea why? I can attune to them just fine, but not actually select them in the menu. Lolth [and some of the other Dark Seldarine] include Elven worshippers - Depraved, fallen ones, but still elves. Hell, I can't even pick Eilistraee.

Edit: I think I have discovered the issue. I am restricted to one-step alignment deities, despite not being a divine caster. I'm a ranger, but by arelith's definition, that isn't a divine caster.
Divine classes and GoD do follow the the alignment hops.

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier

TheSandiestcomet

Post by TheSandiestcomet » Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:41 am

ltlukoziuz wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:35 am
TheSandiestcomet wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am

Divine classes and GoD do follow the the alignment hops.
Ranger isn't a divine caster. So Gift of Devotion restricts me to one-step alignment deities? That's a little bit annoying, especially because it screws over people with the Gift who want to worship different deities.
Elinoa - Surface