Cannot Shift to Half-Mast/Full Sails

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Good Character

Cannot Shift to Half-Mast/Full Sails

Post by Good Character » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:49 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
After getting struck by a thunderstorm check and failing it, I was shifted down from full sails to lowered sails. I was unable to move back to half-mast or full sails.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
1. Have sails at full sails
2. Fail a storm check
3. Attempt to get sails to half-mast or full sails

Expected Result:
Able to re-engage full sails or half-mast

Actual Result:
Everytime the loading bar for full sails or half-mast finishes it states my sails are lowered.

Screenshot(s)
(You can either add screenshots by uploading them to imgur, or by uploading them to Discord and put the respective links between Image)

Additional Information/Notes
I was grappled after this incident. After I was grappled, I was able to shift to full sails again.

This occurred while using the Penny Rose.

ActionReplay
Project Lead
Project Lead

Re: Cannot Shift to Half-Mast/Full Sails

Post by ActionReplay » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:41 pm

Good Character wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:49 am
Description of Bug Experienced:
After getting struck by a thunderstorm check and failing it, I was shifted down from full sails to lowered sails. I was unable to move back to half-mast or full sails.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
1. Have sails at full sails
2. Fail a storm check
3. Attempt to get sails to half-mast or full sails

Expected Result:
Able to re-engage full sails or half-mast

Actual Result:
Everytime the loading bar for full sails or half-mast finishes it states my sails are lowered.

Screenshot(s)
(You can either add screenshots by uploading them to imgur, or by uploading them to Discord and put the respective links between Image)

Additional Information/Notes
I was grappled after this incident. After I was grappled, I was able to shift to full sails again.

This occurred while using the Penny Rose.
I can't find these in the logs, was it an actual Sea Storm with lightning striking the ship or a Voyage Roll with stormy weather?

Also did you do any other action when the progress bar was going? Like trying to repair the ship or firing a weapon or using spyglass maybe?

Good Character

Re: Cannot Shift to Half-Mast/Full Sails

Post by Good Character » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:35 am

ActionReplay wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:41 pm
I can't find these in the logs, was it an actual Sea Storm with lightning striking the ship or a Voyage Roll with stormy weather?

Also did you do any other action when the progress bar was going? Like trying to repair the ship or firing a weapon or using spyglass maybe?
Actual sea storm with lightning strikes. I was near the A-1 quadrant with (I presume given the area) the automatic storm.

I was moving at times due to NPCs boarding my ship, but otherwise I did nothing ship-related. However, I've never had the issue before when I was raising my sails and had to attack NPCs.