Darkfire doesnt fully work on henchmen

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

ltlukoziuz

Darkfire doesnt fully work on henchmen

Post by ltlukoziuz » Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:54 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
When I cast Darkfire on myself, it works fully - I get both AB and Ele Damage. When I cast it on henchie though, only AB bonus goes through - no ele damage. Considering Flaming Fist shop dialogue specifically suggests getting these scrolls to boost your henchies, a bit of mishap here.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Have a henchman (tested with Aonghus from Lighthouse Tavern in Guld)
Have a Darkfire (used a CL5 scroll bought in Flaming Fist)
Cast it on Henchie
Let him wallop

Expected Result:
Elemental Damage

Actual Result:
No Elemental Damage

Screenshot(s)
You can see in chat log him only dealing Physical damage. I tried right after to loot random bronze weapon and cast same scroll - it worked as expected.

Additional Information/Notes
a) I am level 12, he's 16, so no matter who's caster level is taken for scaling effects, same should be the effect (2AB/6Damage)
b) I really love whoever made AI for this guy. Even though I'm fully in Associate Tool mode, he listens for my commands for maybe 5 seconds, and then just keeps switching targets, like a true drunk that he is
c) My guess is that the issue lies at the fact that Darkfire is applied as "OnHit" effect, not plain +X damage

Also, there might be a separate issue? Is Darkfire hours/level like scrolls suggest, or turns/level, like what I am actually seeing? Wiki and in-game needs to get fixed too:
The duration of this spell is technically 2 turns per level, which is the same as 1 hour per level, except when the module designer has changed the definition of an hour.
So yeah. A CL5 scroll is only good for 10 minutes, and that's what I'm seeing

Currently playing: Sabina Paultier