Weird Enchanting Bug:

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Weird Enchanting Bug:

Post by dominantdrowess » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:12 pm

Description
==========
Cloak of the Sight Enchanting Bug.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Tried to put a Cloak of the Sight into Enchanting Basin to add +2 skill like I have done with other cloaks of the same type in the past.

Expected result
-----------------------
Easy effort to add an enchant to a fresh cloak.

Actual result
-------------------
5% chance to enchant my first (+2 skill) enchant on it?

Screenshot(s)
--------------------

Misc Notes
----------------
I have enchanted these cloaks before. I am a Dweomercrafter with 83 craft points.

Which Server(s)?
------------------------
Underdark.

Gaming Platform(s)?
------------------------------
PC.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Weird Enchanting Bug:

Post by MalKalz » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:25 pm

Was this cloak looted?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:00 pm

@Spyre

Unknown, boss. Bought it from a shop for like 2,000 in Greyport: but probably looted if this is a known issue? Got it from the North West shop in Greyport though. I honestly have no idea where the item was generated. Could have been on any server.

Additional info: Once I posted this Charon's Claw told me that looted cloaks come with inflated gold value for balance reasons she couldn't explain to me. I was having PC issues (My PC died) came back, and then was RPing; can't even remember if I got the cloak before or after I had to switch to a new client.

This is very likely the case, given I've not encountered this before I didn't even know they were loot when I made this posting ... May I ask what the actual reason is behind this item starting at "10360 gold" with an identical-looking crafted item? Something about wanting to make them harder to enchant? Or is it an aged version of the same item that was later "cleared" for being enchanted/crafted but the originals were never found in the "fat loot chest"? The two items look identical though and it ended up in a pile of my stuff for enchanting.

I have a feeling this item was crafted in an age that predates runes with electric halberds and acid-sheath margoyles.. before my time, haha~

Aren
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aren » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:03 pm

The looted cloaks, from the loot matrix, such as Cloak of the Sight / Cloak of the Caster have an innate item value of 10k+, making them hard 5% items to further enchant.
One way to identify if said item is from the loot matrix or a crafted item, is to look at item value.

".. the other number that isn't 18." - Jack Oat
".. but- someone is still pumping the brakes sometimes, right? ...right?" - Batcountry

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:25 am

Isn't that what I said in the post above this?