-elestrike

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Ozzy.nl

-elestrike

Post by Ozzy.nl » Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:58 am

Description
==========

So I am a bit unsure if this is a bug or not. But still want to report it just incase.

After a reset I saw the new - elestrike command and tried it out. From what I seen so far is that it gives the elemental strike of the imbue present but it only does the strike once. Now from the announcement I assumed it would be fully automatic during a fight. Unless I have read it wrong.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------

Tried this several times over more fights and even within the fights. Always the same result of only doind a single elemental strike

Expected result
-----------------------

As per announcement one toggled on the elemental strike should be automatically.

Actual result
-------------------

Fires only once and then I need to use elemental strike feat. As it stands now though - elestrike does not really add much and I kept using the feat it self from the hotbar.

Screenshot(s)
--------------------

Sorry forgot

Misc Notes
----------------

Edit post do use the actual format. Was late when I made the post. Didn't knew the template was a thing.

Which Server(s)?
------------------------

Cordor
Last edited by Ozzy.nl on Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

mourisson1

Re: -elestrike

Post by mourisson1 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:19 am

From Kalopsia
==============
SPELLSWORD CLASS:
- Autostrike Mode:
> Use "-elestrike auto" to toggle this mode on or off.
> While the mode is enabled, characters will automatically repeat the same Elemental Strike every 6 seconds and cooldown messages are less obtrusive.
> Targeting opponents with a different Elemental Strike in between those intervals causes it to be queued and activated once the cooldown is over.
Afterwards, the character will keep using this new element.
> Elemental Maelstrom can be queued in the same way, but will only be used once.
The character will then resume activating the Elemental Strike variant they used before.
Lothias Mour'rek - Gone. Or is he?
Locika Querrestalo - For holy light

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:36 am

Then for me it seems this does not work. It does not automatically use the strike. Only once.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:54 am

Ozzy.nl wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:36 am
Then for me it seems this does not work. It does not automatically use the strike. Only once.
You don't need to activate Elemntal Strike with the -elestrike command. Just toggle Autostrike Mode on, then use the quickslotted radial ability once and your character will keep doing it.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:22 am

Last night I have tried doing it as stated above.

The result is that after typing - elestrike once and using a quick slotted flame strike I got one elemental strike and after cool down I see the green floating text saying elemental strike is ready, but no elemental strikes fired automatically.

-stick-
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by -stick- » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:50 pm

> Use "-elestrike auto" to toggle this mode on or off

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:56 pm

If I use it outside of combat I get a message in the battle log that I can only use it in combat. And in combat I don't see a effect from it.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:27 pm

It has been a while now and I have been testing the - elestrike more then enough.

So far everytime I type in the command the elemental strike gives one hit. After that I see the green text that elemental strike is ready to use but nothing happens. And I need to use the elemental feat it self.

So the - elestrike command still does not work for me.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:36 pm

Ozzy.nl wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:27 pm
It has been a while now and I have been testing the - elestrike more then enough.

So far everytime I type in the command the elemental strike gives one hit. After that I see the green text that elemental strike is ready to use but nothing happens. And I need to use the elemental feat it self.

So the - elestrike command still does not work for me.
If you see the green floating text feedback, Automatic elemental strike is not currently enabled.

What I need you to do is enter "-elestrike auto" to toggle it on. Note the "auto" parameter after the initial command.
This parameter is what toggled automatic elemental strikes on, and your character will keep using them without you needing to type chat commands again.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:00 pm

I have done that many times already. Each time the same result. And when I use it outside of combat then it gives me a message I need to use the command in combat.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:18 pm

Ozzy.nl wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:00 pm
I have done that many times already. Each time the same result. And when I use it outside of combat then it gives me a message I need to use the command in combat.
That message can only appear if you're not adding the "auto" parameter, though.

Ozzy.nl

Post by Ozzy.nl » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:44 pm

Been reading back a bit and it seems I am thick headed. My bad. I'll try it out later tonight