Sympathetic Healing

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Deswe

Sympathetic Healing

Post by Deswe » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:06 pm

Description
Sympathetic Healign applies to Cure Spells cast on self.

Steps to reproduce
While having the Healing Domain, use any Cure Spell and target yourself.

Expected result
Sympathetic Healing does not trigger

Actual result
Sympathetic Healing triggers and you get half of the healed amount as extra.

From what I understood it should only trigger when healing someone else, seems a little busted to me when used on self, espescially considering they are getting auto empowered already with the domain.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Sympathetic Healing

Post by MissEvelyn » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:05 pm

According to the Update notes, it's supposed to work with all healing spells except Heal. This includes Healing Circle and Mass Heal, in addition to all the Cure Wounds spells.
Arelith Updates wrote:Healing spells cast from the spellbook (not Heal) that heals others also heals the caster for half the amount and applies overheal

Deswe

Post by Deswe » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:27 pm

Yes, but it specifically states Healing spells that heal others. If I cast a Cure Spell strictly on myself it shouldnt trigger ?
Arelith Updates wrote:Healing spells cast from the spellbook (not Heal) that heals others also heals the caster for half the amount and applies overheal
Because now it is additionally 50% free extra healing for Healing spells you use on yourself (except Heal) + the usual empowered from the Domain. But could also be taking it too literal, just want to check.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:43 pm

Deswe wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:27 pm
Yes, but it specifically states Healing spells that heal others. If I cast a Cure Spell strictly on myself it shouldnt trigger ?
Because now it is additionally 50% free extra healing for Healing spells you use on yourself (except Heal) + the usual empowered from the Domain. But could also be taking it too literal, just want to check.
Ah, no, I believe the intent is that you have to heal someone other than yourself. In theory that should then apply whether you're healing an ally or a summoned creature.

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:58 am

A fix is in the pipeline.

With this fix, the expected behavior for self-heal from Healing domain clerics should be:
- When targeting others other than self
- When using the spell not from an item (but can be from feats or spellbook or any non-item sources)