Blocking mushrooms Aisles of Insanity

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

mjones3

Blocking mushrooms Aisles of Insanity

Post by mjones3 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:19 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
the mushrooms that spawn randomly in Aisles of insanity can either trap you, or completely block you from doing the dungeon further

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Open a door in Southern Peninsula (Jungles) Aisles of Insanity

Expected Result:
Mushroom spawns to block the way, I'd expect to Interact with it, even if its just bashing.

Actual Result:
The mushroom is pointed/placed in a way that doesn't let you bash or interact with it.

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes
It seems to have a spawn chance in every dungeon door. It spawned in a way that you tried walking into the door jams to interact. Prevented even ranged weapons from striking it.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Blocking mushrooms Aisles of Insanity

Post by Skibbles » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:24 am

Can confirm I was here about 2 months ago and had the same issue and totally forgot to report it. I had no idea if it was like a secret or something.

It feels like something happened to them to 'point' the placeable in the wrong direction where a character can't quite interact with them to bash them.

We tried fireballs and whirlwind and a few other things but never could get them to go away. I think we just went with a whole lot of wiggling gets you through it... which doesn't seem intended or inspirational for such a cool area.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:12 pm

Its a series of puzzles, doing something will despawn the shroom. Its a one way interaction though.
If you made it to the area that its hiding, then backtrack, you will find that same shroom blocking you from exiting. Hence you're forced to use the portal at the end.

I think this is the second puzzle going to the third. Or maybe the last one.

Sadly, the puzzle is FOIG (Its not that hard, goodluck, and have fun!)

mjones3

Post by mjones3 » Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:41 pm

Ping14 wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:12 pm
Its a series of puzzles, doing something will despawn the shroom. Its a one way interaction though.
If you made it to the area that its hiding, then backtrack, you will find that same shroom blocking you from exiting. Hence you're forced to use the portal at the end.
I know its hard to share FOIG things without ruining the fun and I would much rather figure it out myself in game. But is the method to despawn the mushroom available to everyone? Is it available in every room you could possibly get trapped in?

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:38 am

Thats a tricky question.

There are ways to get it done. But it requires an item and luck. Items that can be picked up and bought.

There's your hint, have fun and good luck. ^^

mjones3

Post by mjones3 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:14 am

So its still an issue as it can trap someone unprepared? If they don't have a lens or the foig methods of removal.