Sequencer Oopsies & Bug Thread

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Red Ropes

Sequencer Oopsies & Bug Thread

Post by Red Ropes » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:13 pm

post any bugs you find with the sequencer staves
🤡

Bunnysmack
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Sequencer Oopsies & Bug Thread

Post by Bunnysmack » Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:58 pm

Played with them on PGCC, here are my findings thus far:

Ice berg: will do the animation, but nothing actually happens. no damage, no save rolls, no CC. Oddly enough, other spells that are custom/new since haks were employed ARE working, at least improved chaos shield was working.

DCs: DCs are insanely low. Even if the intent was to not include spellcasting stat, they are lower even than that. It seems to only add half your +DC from spell focii, when comparing a number of my spells to my book-casted versions.

Not sure if this is by intent or not, but you also can't target open ground with it. The sequencer needs to be targetted at a character, NPC or object.
"You're insufferable..."
"That's not true! I can totally be suffered!"

Babylon System is the Vampire

Post by Babylon System is the Vampire » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:17 pm

Just doing arcane lotus, because that's the staff I have, but I suspect based on a discord conversation this may be a common issue among staffs made. 1, it has no rune. 2, it still has 2x level six sorc spells instead of just one, despite getting a 3/4/5 with it. Other than that, the switch over seems to be fine with all the changes right, but I haven't played with the sequencer yet.

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:44 pm

My Staff of Life converted to the new staff, but it doesn't have a rune on it. The spell slots are correct though.

wulfburk

Post by wulfburk » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:45 pm

I think it is intended for grandfathered staves to not get their rune, according to the update? The staff of the arch-wizard I had in my shop has no rune too, but all stats have been updated.

I've also made the new Arcane Focus Sorcerer staff (or rather, by chance I was in the process of finishing an old arcane locus, and finished it after the update), and it has the rune and all stats are correct. However, in the Special Properties, the materials used are also listed. Is that really required? It just blobs the item description, with material: wood, yew / material: silver / material: gem rogue stone..

Stratonike Silvbriga
Archamus Schelen
Demetrius Herhtov

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:48 pm

I re-read the update and didn't see anything about grandfathered staves. There is a lot of text though so maybe I missed it.

wulfburk

Post by wulfburk » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:52 pm

[Staves] will all be updated to as close to their new version as possible - except for runic properties being adjusted as some of these items were made so you could rune them twice.
This is what i was referring to, though i might have understood it wrong?

Stratonike Silvbriga
Archamus Schelen
Demetrius Herhtov

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:58 pm

Material types are being added because eventually material types and qualities will matter. We won't even touch that until we're closer to everything having those properties.

As for the "grandfathering", it isn't totalistic but this is more Kalopsia's doing than mine. We agreed to update existing staves to match, as best as possible, within the limits of the system we use to update stuff. Runes will not be carried over if they have been used. I would post screenshots in specific terms of anything that seems buggy or weird in this thread.
🤡

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:01 pm

For those that are curious:
NWNX_Creature_DoItemCastSpell

https://nwnxee.github.io/unified/dark/g ... 977c278bbf

This is how Sequencers cast.
If there are issues with DC's, I am unfortunately unable to adjust that with my current knowledge, though I can look further.

If you want to know how Sequencers work by default?
Caster level = (Innate level * 2 - 1), Minimum 10, no spell foci, no hostile spells, no targetting.
https://nwn.fandom.com/wiki/Sequencer
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

serono
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by serono » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:20 pm

ILR 15 should be ILR 21
No Rune

Lindos

Post by Lindos » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:27 pm

Not sure if it's a bug or not. But it seems if you put mass heal on your sequencer, then use it. You don't get overheal as healer path + healing domain.
Discord: Lindos#9637

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:31 pm

Lindos wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:27 pm
Not sure if it's a bug or not. But it seems if you put mass heal on your sequencer, then use it. You don't get overheal as healer path + healing domain.
That's normal behaviour. You didn't get overheal with the old staff of life's regeneration either.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:34 pm

I have deliberately omitted runes in the item update logic because they could've resulted in already runed items becoming runic a second time, hard 5% rolled items suddenly gaining a rune, or similar issues. These updates are more tricky than they might appear at first glance, and sometimes it's necessary to go with the safer option, particularly for large-scale item updates like this one :)

AngelicReaper

Post by AngelicReaper » Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:39 am

No Rune on the change from Staff of Life as well
Tree's have feelings too....

Naghast

Post by Naghast » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:13 am

it seems that putting shadowstorm (greater shadow evocation unique spell) on a sequencer is straight up impossible.
tested it on pgcc, multiple attempts.

ElevenOne

Post by ElevenOne » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:20 pm

My staff of spirits, that now should be a Mystic Focus (Benign), is missing the level 6 spell slot and the rune. My staff was not enchanted in the basin.

Any chance there is a way to request the rune added or a refund of the materials? At least the star sapphire?

I was using this staff (UMD) because it had raise dead per day, as it now has a wis requirement, I have a staff that I can not longer use, neither I could try to sell because it is missing the rune, and the materials / cost to make it were not cheap at all.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:33 am

Kalopsia wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:34 pm
I have deliberately omitted runes in the item update logic because they could've resulted in already runed items becoming runic a second time, hard 5% rolled items suddenly gaining a rune, or similar issues. These updates are more tricky than they might appear at first glance, and sometimes it's necessary to go with the safer option, particularly for large-scale item updates like this one :)
About the rune thing.

We're going to try and figure a better way than what we currently do with items but that as good as it can get for now. Developers cannot decide to reimburse you for items and that is something the DM staff would need to weigh in on. I really am sorry if runes are being eaten but it is not a totalistic thing - only some of you are being affected (again, not without symapthy) and we cannot figure out exactly why that is because... well... its a big script that is tied into many other scripts.

The idea, in principle, we are considering is an item that in the future can be used like the 'container' scripts but unlike them just deletes your old one and brings you a new one (without legacy).

But the container thing is just going to take time as well so until then keep calm and in the meanwhile you still have something (at least in my opinion) was better than it was.
🤡

Skein

Post by Skein » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:37 pm

Shapechange does not work as expected.

When you enchant, eg, a scroll with Shapechange, it allows you to release the spell in a form of your choosing when you make use of the item.

The item enchanted into the staff is "Shapechange: Target Form." Releasing the sequencer always releases the form initially chosen. This is extremely unfortunate.

If this can't be easily fixed, I'd suggest moving Shapechange to the list of forbidden / auto-removed spells. The versatility of Shapechange is the entire point. It's more of a roleplaying option than a combat option, as currently coded.

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Greater Planar Binding

Post by Ping14 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:20 am

Likely not a bug but a limitation with sequencers, but placing it here nevertheless

Sequencer infused with Greater Planar Binding only work as the targeted hostile spell (Hold Outsider). Can only target yourself and other NPCs or PCs. You can never target the ground to summon alignment appropriate outsider.