Monster Spawns (Typos, weird names, wrong race)

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Red Ropes

Monster Spawns (Typos, weird names, wrong race)

Post by Red Ropes » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:01 pm

Hey guys could you post creatures in the module that you've seen that have:

typos in name / description
incorrect/strange race (like properties meant to effect that race not working)
seemingly weird alignment when it comes to smiting
and other strangeness?

I will casually fix anything that seems off.

What I want is just screenshots or verbatim copies of whats going on that you might think are goofs & oofs.
🤡

Kuma
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Monster Spawns (Typos, weird names, wrong race)

Post by Kuma » Tue Feb 15, 2022 12:28 pm

Fallen Colossus is considered an intelligent undead creature for the purpose of Halt Undead. Either this shouldn't be the case or its type should just be changed to Construct, based on its description as a mish-mash of reanimated parts.

House Freth: Reference Information
House Claddath: Reference Information
"What's a heretic?": a guide to religious schism terminology

Irongron wrote:

4. No full screen images of the NWN gnome model (might frighten the children)

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:21 pm

In the crypt beneath Soulhaven, there's a small off-room with a miniboss in it. I forget the name of the enemy, but it's not undead (visually, it's a ghost). I'll probably be heading back there later, so i'll edit this if I get a chance. It's racial description is "undead" but when I cast mass heal and healing circle near it, it wasn't negatively affected. I haven't tried the singular heal spell, but I will if I go back.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:13 pm

MRFTW wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:21 pm
In the crypt beneath Soulhaven, there's a small off-room with a miniboss in it. I forget the name of the enemy, but it's not undead (visually, it's a ghost). I'll probably be heading back there later, so i'll edit this if I get a chance. It's racial description is "undead" but when I cast mass heal and healing circle near it, it wasn't negatively affected. I haven't tried the singular heal spell, but I will if I go back.
Keep in mind that some powerful undead have immunity to specific spells that would otherwise make them far too easy to defeat.

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:10 pm

Mechanus:
Spelled ingame Mordron, in FR, Modron
(Its a small typo and I really dont care much... but its what the thread is for)

Dao Quarry:
Emerald spirit boss is not immune to critical (intentional?)

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:35 pm

Masked Adept, Masked Archer, Masked Priest of Vhaerun, Masked Provoker, and Masked Wizard are mechanically Moon Elves instead of Drow, as their appearance and description implies.

The Dragonkin NPCs have their race appropriately set to Dragon, but the examine screen shows them as Dwarves, Gnomes, Halflings, because that's what their appearance is set to in the toolset.

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Tue Feb 15, 2022 5:08 pm

Irongron wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 2:13 pm
MRFTW wrote:
Keep in mind that some powerful undead have immunity to specific spells that would otherwise make them far too easy to defeat.
If it's implemented as a blanket immunity to all healing spells, that'd explain it - I opened that door while on the run from necroarchers so that encounter was... chaotic, to say the least. :lol:

It was definitely "race: undead" when I examined it, so what you mentioned is most likely what I saw.

Btreyu

Post by Btreyu » Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:27 pm

Glabrezu summon (from Warlock) is still bugged with the damage issue.

MRFTW

Post by MRFTW » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:28 pm

MRFTW wrote:
Sorry for the necro, but I passed by this monster today with a rogue in party and this particular enemy is not immune to sneak attacks. I think it's missing the undead hide. It's the boss of "The Coffin Cages."

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Sun May 01, 2022 5:15 am

Yuan-ti (Tainited one)
In the Ruins and Quagmires