Cavalier Weapon Proficiency = Does not register as valid Weapon of Choice for WM

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Skarain

Cavalier Weapon Proficiency = Does not register as valid Weapon of Choice for WM

Post by Skarain » Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:38 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)

Since January 8th update, Cavalier Weapon Proficiencies got updated. The list was made to consist of: Bastard Sword, Cavalry Axe, Cavalry Hammer, Cavalry Sword, Heavy Flail, Katana, Lance, Light Mace, Light Flail, Morningstar, Naginata, Nodachi, Pike, Scythe, Spear, Wakizashi, and Warmace.

However, certain items are missing the "Cavalier" tag. This, or some other bug down the line, prevents Weapon Master selecting them as Weapon of Choice, if they have not gained "Martal" Weapon Proficiency another way.

Missing tags include:
• Heavy Flail
• Lance
• Lance (Small)
• Mace (Light)
• Light Flail
• Morningstar
• Pike
• Scythe
• Spear
• Wakizashi
• Warhammer (Warmace)

For example, On my 8 Rogue/4 Cavalier/1 WM on PGCC, I could not select Light Flail, Warhammer or Heavy Flail as my Weapon of Choice, despite having One-handed (Concussion) weapon proficiency and every other feat required to even get to 1st level of Weapon Master.

I could select the weapons Rogue gains proficiency for, as well as those Cavalry weapons with the Cavalry tag, but nothing else.

The weapons named above can be wielded with no malus or red-box appearing, but they are not recognized for Weapon Master's feat.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
1.) Create a character on PGCC. Pick Rogue (or any class with limited proficiencies).
2.) Pick feats required for Weapon Master > Pick every Weapon Focus feat (one-hand edged, one-hand bludgeon, two-hand, polearm)
3.) Try to pick a Weapon of Choice from the "Missing Tags" list.

Expected Result:
Be able to pick any weapon Cavalier has proficiency to.

Actual Result:
Unable to select ANY of the weapons listed under "Missing tags.", if not gained proficiency from another class or feat (Martal prof, Simple prof, etc. etc.)

Additional Information/Notes

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Cavalier Weapon Proficiency = Does not register as valid Weapon of Choice for WM

Post by Kenji » Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:19 am

Thanks for testing this, a fix is in the pipeline.