Greyport Security Bug

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Aradin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Greyport Security Bug

Post by Aradin » Mon May 02, 2022 10:49 pm

Description
==========
RED TOWER: Greyport's Red Tower is a guildhouse. Access to its inner areas is locked, but like all guildhouses can be passed through by owning the guildhouse, owning a quarter in the guildhouse, having a key to the doors, or by having a rank in an associated faction that grants you entry.
However, it appears that anyone who owns one of the four shops just outside the tower can enter as well - no key required. Furthermore, they are treated as if they own a quarter for the purposes of auto-gaining ownership of the guildhouse if the owner abandons it. This happened during its recent tradeover to my character and was happily sorted out IC, but was very confusing.
Of further note, it auto-swapped into ownership by a character who wasn't a noble (as I understand that's a prerequisite to owning that particular guildhouse).

PORT AUTHORITY: The Port Authority guildhouse in Greyport suffers the same problem. During the recent tradeover of governments, it was abandoned by the owner and one of the shop owners auto-gained ownership of it. This too was worked out IC but was confusing.

It was only after I firsthand witnessed the problem with both guildhouses that I realized the pattern. After talking to shopowners in both locations and having them test this theory, I was able to confirm the bug.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
Own one of the two shops inside the Port Authority or one of the four shops outside the Red Tower. Try to open the inner doors of either building.

Expected result
-----------------------
The door remains locked, and the door interaction popup menu appears.

Actual result
-------------------
You gain access as though you owned the guildhouse, owned a quarter in it, had a key to it, or had a rank in an associated faction that allowed you entry.

Which Server(s)?
------------------------
Underdark

Was Lloyd Grimm, Sai Aung-K'yi, Stink Spellworped, Ikarus, and Revyn the White.