Trapped Containers not triggering (dungeon)

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Maelwys

Trapped Containers not triggering (dungeon)

Post by Maelwys » Wed May 04, 2022 6:00 pm

Description of Bug Experienced: Trapped Chests and Armoires not firing.
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)

Steps to reproduce the Bug: Unknown. In the past, there was a bug with traps loading in after chests and thus you might inadvertently avoid them if you were quick or the server was having trouble.

Expected Result: Get zapped.

Actual Result: I don't get zapped.

Screenshot(s)
(You can either add screenshots by uploading them to imgur, or by uploading them to Discord and put the respective links between Image)

Additional Information/Notes: The reason I bring this up is because it used to happen infrequently but in the last few days I don't think I've been hit by a single trapped chest. I've tried touching it again after 30 seconds or so but still didn't fire. EDIT: It occurs to me that I might be seeing traps that aren't there.

Rei_Jin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Trapped Containers not triggering (dungeon)

Post by Rei_Jin » Fri May 06, 2022 4:51 am

(Been playing this game for 20 or so years on various servers, but I'm not a dev, just a player. Take my opinion with a grain of salt)

I believe this is a game engine issue, not something that can be resolved on Arelith's end. Seen it many, many times before.