Iron Throne Couriers: No Recall Button

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

Scurvy Cur

Iron Throne Couriers: No Recall Button

Post by Scurvy Cur » Thu May 19, 2022 4:59 am

Description
==========

Presently, every vessel that I'm aware of has a function to return it to port if it gets stranded/abandoned by the owner, or, in the case of rentals, if the owner logs off having left the ship at sea.

Alone among all the ships I've checked, the Iron Throne Couriers (both of them) lack this feature, and instead have the dialog option that predates the recall.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------

Last Night
Send either Iron Throne Courier out of port, lens to Guldorand, head to the docks, and then click the sign, options come up for managing/renaming quarter, replacing locks, putting quarter for sale, abandoning quarter.

Abandon the Iron Throne Courier, click the sign again to confirm results. Options only available to purchase or close window.

Repurchase Iron Throne Courier, click sign again to see if return button appears, only options to manage locks, create keys, abandon, place on sale, etc. etc.

No screenshots of the above right now, because I didn't think to last night, and all boats are presently rented so I can't duplicate now. However, I believe the discrepancy is still evident.

Today

Checked all surface rentals to which I had access. While all rentals were in use, the Penny Rose and the Cordor Longship both displayed the following:

When the return option was selected, the following result was received:

However, both Iron Throne Couriers displayed the following options:

Expected result
-----------------------

Iron Throne Couriers to display a return button.

Actual result
-------------------

I suspect this behavior is an out of date dialog tree on the Iron Courier signs, rather than an intended behavior, as the Cordor longship (functionally an identical copy of the couriers, even if visually different) has the recall button.

Distant Relation

Re: Iron Throne Couriers: No Recall Button

Post by Distant Relation » Thu May 19, 2022 12:15 pm

I would venture a guess that it's related to the Couriers' signpost being on a different server than the ship itself. The dialog tree likely can't check the area of the ship for active players, or to check if the renting player is still online.