Equipped Shield Was gone when I logged in

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Jodpar

Equipped Shield Was gone when I logged in

Post by Jodpar » Thu May 19, 2022 2:04 pm

When I logged in this morning the shield I had equipped was gone. It was there when I logged off and not anymore. The night before I had crashed when transitioning. I logged back on and did a few things in the area before logging off for the evening. When I logged back on I was not in that area but back in the the area I was in where I was transitioning from when I crashed. In both areas I had the shield equipped. Where did my nice shield go??

msterswrdsmn

Re: Equipped Shield Was gone when I logged in

Post by msterswrdsmn » Thu May 19, 2022 9:35 pm

There is a very, VERY rare bug that can occur when the server backs itself up. during this time period, there is a very, very small chance that items will just randomly disappear for no reason around 1am EST

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Fri May 20, 2022 12:34 am

Did you also have a full inventory or near full inventory?

Ping14
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Ping14 » Fri May 20, 2022 1:54 am

This is the best unwritten gold sink I know. xD... How many weapons and shields have I lost due to this full/near full inventory bug.
I'm sorry for the lost shield though, but its a known long standing bug that has been here since like the beginning with little to no fixes known as of late.

I'm guessing you have an alternate weapon that uses weapon/shield aswell?

Jodpar

Post by Jodpar » Sun May 22, 2022 1:26 am

Earlier I was near full inventory before this as I was moving many items. I was paying very careful attention because of the bug. But I had much open space in my inventory by the time I crashed and then logged back in. Same thing when I logged out. I had plenty of inventory space. Either way I have replaced the shield already. But of course it was a major annoyance. My one friends character had his shield and weapon disappear because of the bug in the middle of a dungeon. He dumped many things out of his backpack then his weapon reappeared but not his shield. I had heard something about the bug at that time but did not know many details. So from that time onwards we are both super careful about it.