Cannot Manually Close Noble Estate Doors in Elven Quarter

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Amateur Hour

Cannot Manually Close Noble Estate Doors in Elven Quarter

Post by Amateur Hour » Sat May 21, 2022 3:52 pm

Description
==========
Attempting to close the main doors--either from the inside or outside--of the Elven Quarter guildhouses/noble estates forces the character to transition to the next zone.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
1. Click on the doors to open them.
2. Attempt to click on the now-opened doors.

Expected result
-----------------------
Cursor will change when hovering over the open doors to the closed-door "interact with door" cursor and/or will close the doors when clicked.

Actual result
-------------------
Hovering over the open doors changes the cursor to the "pass through transition" cursor. Clicking on the door, even from angles where I am certainly not accidentally clicking on the vertical "transition zone" (e.g. bird's eye view on the outermost edge of the door), has my character transition outside/inside.

Screenshot(s)
--------------------
n/a (can't get the screenshot to pick up my mouse cursor, which would be the only useful information)

Misc Notes
----------------
I know other people have been able to manually close the doors; I don't know if anyone else has this problem. The only add-on I use for NWN is the Arelith Player Portrait Pack.

This bug has been going on since last June or July at least; I only just now learned that I should have been able to close the doors. I've noted it on multiple characters but have only just now tried to document it. It seems to have persisted even though I've switched computers and reinstalled the game in the interim (still always the Windows 10 PC version).

I have tested this on two of the three estate doors. I have a key to one and not the other.

Which Server(s)?
------------------------
[Gul]

Gaming Platform(s)?
------------------------------
Steam, Windows 10

Rolled: Solveigh Arnimayne, "Anna Locksley"
Shelved: Ninim Elario, Maethiel Tyireale'ala
Current: Ynge Redbeard, ???