Dweomercraft God Save 95%

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Dweomercraft God Save 95%

Post by Skibbles » Wed May 25, 2022 9:59 am

Description of Bug Experienced:
I just god saved the very first 95% failure in years, on the very first skill enchant on an item. Having made hundreds of items and failed many times on the very first enchant - this is highly unusual.

From what I found on the wiki: The godsave, if not on cooldown, is supposed to occur only if the initial chance of success is lower than 90%.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
I used basic boots from the vendor, and a +2 discipline enchant. 95% success for only 37 gold.

Expected Result:
Fail.

Actual Result:
God save?!

Screenshot(s)
https://imgur.com/2iePmab.jpg
https://imgur.com/QRx2MCO.jpg

Additional Information/Notes

Occurred just after the reset. PC. Underdark. Basin by the banker in the Hub.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Dweomercraft God Save 95%

Post by Shadowy Reality » Wed May 25, 2022 10:54 am

This also happened to me the past week.

Good Character

Post by Good Character » Wed May 25, 2022 1:25 pm

This might be from the relatively recent change to godsaves.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=25&p=289741&hilit=godsave#p289741

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed May 25, 2022 1:54 pm

Hmm. Good find. I missed that little snippet.

Unintended consequence or by design? I hope it can be tweaked back!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

Security_Blanket

Post by Security_Blanket » Thu May 26, 2022 2:09 pm

It took me forever to craft a simple 2 +1 ability and +2 skill ring a couple days ago. 89% Fail, over and over again. I sunk 200k into that stupid ring before I finally pulled it off.

Draco Deleteur
Dreadlord Lucius Blackhand - "All is as Bane wills it."

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu May 26, 2022 3:35 pm

Really? Making a new set of equipment for a warlock was the easiest I've ever had making equipment sets. Knowing that you're not going to fail that soft 5% roll if you have 100% piety, saves so much frustration. Once you hit a god save, then you make the rest of your items: +2 skill x5 (3 if ring), +1 stat/save then change servers to do the last 5% step, top up piety, and cycle. Then come back 3h later and do it again.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Thu May 26, 2022 4:07 pm

I'm talking about failing the soft 95% roll on the first enchant, not the soft 5% at the last. Unless you were talking about something else?

It used to auto-fail for the first 80-90 percentile just to save on wasted god saves for a pittance of gold. The change linked above was very helpful in saving lots of money, but my report is specifically about wasted god saves on 95%.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Thu May 26, 2022 4:25 pm

Oh, yeah, as the person who originally turned that off, I hate that. I'm not sure if it got changed.

I was referring to Security_Blanket and was surprised by how difficult it was for them to make that simple ring.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Tikin

Post by Tikin » Thu May 26, 2022 10:50 pm

dweomercraft is way easier and cheaper than before as long as one makes sure to have a godsave and full piety ... I'm grateful for that and am surprised someone complains about it xD

It is true there is a discrepancy between reality and the wiki though:
The wiki is right about crafting. No godsave guaranteed on crafting for 95% and 5% rates.
It is different on dweomercrafting: godsave if available will occur (piety rate)% of times for any soft roll failed.

I believe it's good, particularly for low level characters. But even when you try to make end game gear.

Enjoyed this change, as for so many other ones recently, thanks a lot!
Hopefully it'll stay this way. :kiss:

Security_Blanket

Post by Security_Blanket » Fri May 27, 2022 5:13 am

I've never thought about the god save when crafting, I didn't know I'd have to have piety up or use up a god save or whatever to craft. I figured 89% chance of success meant 89% chance of success.

Draco Deleteur
Dreadlord Lucius Blackhand - "All is as Bane wills it."

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Sat May 28, 2022 2:35 am

Tikin wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 10:50 pm
The wiki is right about crafting. No godsave guaranteed on crafting for 95% and 5% rates.
This is the crux of my report, yeah. This was the same for dweomercrafting until very recently. I'm guessing the update from March may have inadvertently reverted it.

So now, like in my screenshots, we can unfortunately God save for the great savings of 37 gold on a mundane item.

This is the part in hoping can be returned back to its original feature. I don't think anyone here is trying to revert the piety-as-percentile portion.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:33 pm

Fix in the pipeline.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:46 am

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:59 am

Has this gone live by chance?

I've failed about four soft 5%s in a row at full piety. Was the mechanic entirely reverted to before piety-was-percentile or did something go wrong?

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:13 am

heck IDK. Nothing was changed outside an < 95 chance clause for triggering a boon. Gigaschatten code makes no sense.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Shadowy Reality
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shadowy Reality » Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:31 am

Skibbles wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:59 am
Has this gone live by chance?

I've failed about four soft 5%s in a row at full piety. Was the mechanic entirely reverted to before piety-was-percentile or did something go wrong?
The fix was for Godsaves not longer triggering on 95% success or above, not for soft 5%. You can only get one godsave per server per 24h roughly. Chances are you might already have used it?

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:06 pm

I've also noticed soft 5% not triggering a god save lately at maximum piety.

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:13 pm

Give this a shot now... Not sure what's going on.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:14 am

Just god saved another 95% again, and yesterday it was not god saving soft 5's, as it had prior, with max piety.

It appears as if everything has reverted to the original state it was before the changes that prompted this.

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:45 am

I reversed the logic twice. SOMETHING should have worked. instead it appears to just be forcing me to choose between no godsaves and all godsaves.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:27 am

In Sorrow We Trust wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:45 am
I reversed the logic twice. SOMETHING should have worked. instead it appears to just be forcing me to choose between no godsaves and all godsaves.
Can you switch it back to all godsaves in the meantime? :sadcat:

In Sorrow We Trust
Contributor
Contributor

Post by In Sorrow We Trust » Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:16 am

That is what it should be now.... but like... there's no reason it shouldn't work. I don't understand why the logic gates are giving me so much trouble.

Vittoria Veleno
catch me if you can

Edens_Fall
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Edens_Fall » Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:11 pm

LichBait wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:06 pm
I've also noticed soft 5% not triggering a god save lately at maximum piety.
I had this happen yesterday, though it also cost me XP loss even though it was a soft 5% which the Basin stated wouldn't cause xp loss if failed.

A fellow player suffered the same issue with XP loss on failed soft 5%

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:58 am

Thank you for fixing this. Question for posterity (and also *cough* I'm holding onto a rare soft 5 in waiting hehe): We're at no saves at 90%+ success chance, and also piety-as-percentile at the same time?