Bugged Inventory

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

PhaerimmBane

Bugged Inventory

Post by PhaerimmBane » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:39 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
I recently purchased a house (Currently titled The Mill House, located in Cordor Farmlands, my character's name is Iliquen) and went to use the storage. Currently, only 7 items within the entire storage are visible to me, yet the log is saying there are 20 items in the storage.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:
Open storage in player-owned-house.

Expected Result:
Expecting to see all 20 items within the storage

Actual Result:
Only seeing 7 items (5 on page 1, 2 on page 2, no additional pages)

Screenshot(s)

Additional Information/Notes
I have attempted relogging, I have attempted relaunching, I have checked before and after a server restart, nothing has changed.
When I took the glass out for a craft, and put the rest back in, it did not show up until after the next reset, and was invisible until then.

MalKalz
General Admin
General Admin

Re: Bugged Inventory

Post by MalKalz » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:26 pm

Are you sure you do not have a conflicting hak or Overide installed which is erasing the icons?

Discord: @malkalz
Determine your Public CD Key here
Can't see your vault? Have you migrated your accounts? If you have tried, and still can't see them, message me.

PhaerimmBane

Post by PhaerimmBane » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:49 pm

I did consider the possibility, however among the items that have vanished is my Gem Pouch. I had stored that same Gem Pouch previously in another storage, in my previous quarter, and was able to pull it out without issue.

PhaerimmBane

Post by PhaerimmBane » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:20 am

At the very least, how would I go about removing all my HAK files to reinstall them?

PhaerimmBane

Post by PhaerimmBane » Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:28 pm

I've since figured out how to clear out HAK files, I removed everything, relaunched the game, and redownloaded Arelith's HAK files from scratch. I am still encountering the issues

Sincra
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by Sincra » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:53 am

It looks like the chest may be setup incorrectly. It'll want a DM to grab the variable or an area dev to take a look to confirm that however.
Irongron wrote:I've literally never used -guard on anyone.

PhaerimmBane

Post by PhaerimmBane » Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:44 pm

Update: I asked another player to take a look at my storage chest, and they were able to see everything just fine. They even did me the favor of sending me some screenshots of what was in the chest.
They then pulled everything out (at my request) to hand it to me. During the barter, when they handed me the last item (a stack of Rock Chunk (Copper) x 94), there was a lag spike as they put it into the window. When I received the items, my log showed all of the items transferring, however, the copper ore, and any of the items that landed on that same page (specifically from that barter) are once again invisible to me, and I cannot interact with them in any way. The rest of the items are perfectly fine.
Below are all relevant screenshots attached to the situation. (Side note, total stacks condensed down to 12, as 2 stacks of iron ore merged when they were pulled out).

PhaerimmBane

Post by PhaerimmBane » Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:22 pm

Final Update: After a complete wipe of anything related to NWN on my computer, and a complete reinstallation of -everything- the bug seems to have been resolved