Blinding Speed Cooldown Bug

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs, Contributors

Topgeneral

Blinding Speed Cooldown Bug

Post by Topgeneral » Sat Sep 24, 2022 4:24 pm

Description of Bug Experienced:
(please include information of what you did, that lead up to the bug, what you expected to happen there, and what actually happened, then move on to describe below:)

When I use the ability blinding speed, the cooldown is set as 7 minutes. I have 10 levels of swashbuckler, and 16 levels of assassin. The cooldown should be reduced according to this formula (from wiki).

Blinding Speed: Is now an Instant action and an extraordinary effect (not affected by antimagic). Duration increased to 3 turns. Has unlimited uses per day, but 8 turns of cooldown period. The cooldown of Blinding Speed is reduced by 1 turn every 6 combined Assassin, Harper Scout, Invisible Blade, Rogue, Shadowdancer, Swashbuckler and Zhentarim Operative levels. Rogue levels are not required for this bonus to trigger.

Steps to reproduce the Bug:

Anytime blinding speed is used

Expected Result:

A cooldown of 4 turns (8 turns base - 4 turns from my combined 26 levels of swashbuckler/assassin).

Actual Result:

The cooldown is listed as 7 minutes (7 turns)

Screenshot(s)
(You can either add screenshots by uploading them to imgur, or by uploading them to Discord and put the respective links between Image)

https://imgur.com/a/4VTv4XG

Topgeneral

Re: Blinding Speed Cooldown Bug

Post by Topgeneral » Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:19 am

Bumping after 1 week no reply.

Floral Shoppe

Post by Floral Shoppe » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:57 am

I'm not seeing blinding speed return at all on my assassin. It's 1 use/rest now.

Topgeneral

Post by Topgeneral » Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:15 pm

Still having an issue with this. Cool down is being set to 7 minutes (7 turns) after use.

Topgeneral

Post by Topgeneral » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:16 pm

Bumping again. Sorry if that is excessive.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:48 pm

This doesn't appear to be a bug, unfortunately.
In order to enable the cooldown reduction from your assassin levels, you also need rogue levels.

Floral Shoppe

Post by Floral Shoppe » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:35 pm

The cooldown of Blinding Speed is reduced by 1 turn every 6 combined Assassin, Harper Scout, Invisible Blade, Rogue, Shadowdancer, Swashbuckler and Zhentarim Operative levels. Rogue levels are not required for this bonus to trigger.
From the wiki on the Assassin class page and the Blinding Speed page. Are you saying this isn't the case and you DO need rogue levels?

VegaWega

Post by VegaWega » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:21 pm

This does not occur to me on Live but does occur to me on the PGCC. Are you testing this on the PGCC? I was informed by someone that this is a known bug and would not happen typically for the reason you've posted (Rogue is not required for this bonus, 30 Swash is able to get the full benefit of permanent uptime for blinding speed)

Mattamue
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Mattamue » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:47 pm

viewtopic.php?p=189328#p189328
- Assassin and Shadowdancer levels now count for the reduction of Blinding Speed Cooldown. Rogue levels are -not- required for this bonus to trigger. All applicable class levels stack - this includes Rogue, Assassin, Shadowdancer, and Harper Scout.
Older 2019 post is where the wiki got the info. If things changed as per Kalo, wiki will be updated.

Who is the audience for this post?

VegaWega

Post by VegaWega » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:06 am

Okay, so I've just tested it and 30 swashbuckler gets the full benefit from blinding speed reduction. It seems that the cross class combination levels from multiple classes is not functioning when it was working previously. I've asked another player and they displayed that they are getting the benefit from 3 monk 27 swashbuckler (four combined levels from swashbuckler.) Rogue levels are not required for this benefit, so you SHOULD be getting the reduction.

The cooldown of Blinding Speed is reduced by 1 turn every 6 combined Assassin, Harper Scout, Invisible Blade, Rogue, Shadowdancer, Swashbuckler and Zhentarim Operative levels.

The image below calculates to a 5 turn reduction from the 8 turn cooldown of Blinding Speed which applies properly

For this image, it would be a 4 turn reduction which applies properly.

I'm able to replicate this bug by going Swash 7/IB 5/Assassin 18, leaving a 1 turn reduction when I should be getting a 5 turn reduction.

Oddly enough, as a Swash 13/Assassin 17 I am getting a 2 turn reduction when I should be a 5 turn reduction.

Lastly, a Rogue 4/Swash 8/Assassin 18 is getting the full 5 turn reduction properly.

Hope this clears things up, it's a strange one!

Floral Shoppe

Post by Floral Shoppe » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:29 am

Mattamue wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:47 pm
Older 2019 post is where the wiki got the info. If things changed as per Kalo, wiki will be updated.
Was the change undoing that 2019 post announced somewhere? I don't understand why they'd take assassins away from classes who get blinding speed.

Topgeneral

Post by Topgeneral » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:38 am

Thanks for doing more investigation on this. I hope it gets fixed soon!

Retratserif

Post by Retratserif » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:45 am

-cd normally fixes this for me.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:43 pm

Kalopsia wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:48 pm
This doesn't appear to be a bug, unfortunately.
In order to enable the cooldown reduction from your assassin levels, you also need rogue levels.
I was wrong, it was a bug. And it'll be fixed in the upcoming days! :)