Bizarre Bug

Bugs with Arelith (in-game and out) should be reported here.

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators, Contributors

God_In_Action

Bizarre Bug

Post by God_In_Action » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:25 pm

Description
==========
I experienced a bizarre bug that I've not seen before. It didn't affect the game after I re-logged back in and didn't cause any adverse effect, but I'm reporting it here in case it's useful for any fixes needed at any point. The bug occurred at approx 10:55 GMT on 23/11/22.

Steps to reproduce
----------------------------
I can't reproduce it and it only happened once. At the time I stepped out of the Mercantile Building in Cordor into the Government District. The bug appeared upon transitioning into the new area.

Expected result
-----------------------
No change at all from transitioning one area to the next.

Actual result
-------------------
My character appeared in the new area as part of a party, which included himself at "-19353/192" HP and being 'dead' but moving around in the area, another version of himself in the party also at negative HP, an Elite Cordorian Guard at -1 HP who was party leader, a Bad Strreff in the party who joined after a few seconds and then itself became party leader, and some blank or null party members.

After logging back in and getting into some combat in the sewers, the party bug ended, but I started seeing series of 0s in the combat log (unknown if related). These 0s in the combat log have not repeated and stopped as inexplicably as they appeared.

Screenshot(s)
--------------------
https://freeimage.host/i/H2KTra2

https://freeimage.host/i/H2KAFO7

Misc Notes
----------------

Which Server(s)?
------------------------
Cities and Planes

Gaming Platform(s)?
------------------------------
PC (Windows 10)

Gwenneth_Corvain

Re: Bizarre Bug

Post by Gwenneth_Corvain » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:58 pm

I had a similar thing happen to me yesterday upon teleporting to the shadovar outpost.

Spawned in with 6 / 10000 HP, another copy of my own character in party with me (dead) and several of the Shadovar Guards in my party as controlable henchmen with 998 HP each.

Relogging fixed it.